"for shizzle"

abc   Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:12 am GMT
What does it mean?
Adam   Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:53 am GMT
For sure!

Americans just love to pull material out f their behinds and present them as 'English'. I wouldn't recommend you use this in formal gatherings or with other English speakers around the world.
Guest   Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:26 am GMT
Adam, it's like our fabulous Britishism: "init"? Which translates to "isn't it".
Travis   Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:50 am GMT
>>What does it mean?<<

That's my question, and I'm a native NAE-speaker (albeit not an AAVE-speaker) to boot...
Candy   Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:18 am GMT
There was a candidate on the British 'Big Brother' a couple of years ago whose catchphrase was 'shizzle my nizzle'! No idea what it means, though!
Guest   Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:42 pm GMT
"Fo' shizzle, ma nizzle" is a phrase that rap singer, Snoop Dogg, popularized in the late 1990s. It's derived from an earlier urban African-American slang, "fo' sheezy mah neezy", which means "for sure, my nigga!" I don't recommend that you use this phrase (or any part of it), because like most urban slang, its popularity as peaked and has become passé.
Larissa   Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:48 pm GMT
What does "nigga" mean? Does it mean something like "buddy"?
Candy   Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:24 pm GMT
Thanks for the info, Guest! Makes a lot of sense in the context of who the guy on Big Brother was.
Helpy   Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:45 pm GMT
"What does "nigga" mean? Does it mean something like "buddy"?"

Well in a way yes. Nigga is slang for Nigger, it means "friend" or "brother" when used in a social context. It is common to hear african americans (mostly male) call each other "Nigga", but this word spoken to a black person from someone of any other race, is considered racist.
I would strongly advise against using it for any reason.
Helpy   Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:48 pm GMT
"What does "nigga" mean? Does it mean something like "buddy"?"

Well in a way yes. In the U.S. Nigga is slang for Nigger, it means "friend" or "brother" when used in a social context. It is commonly used by young African Americans (mostly male) who call each other "Nigga" to mark a friendship, but this word spoken to a black person from someone of any other race, is considered racist.
I would strongly advise against using it for any reason.

(double post to clarify)
SHAMAAS   Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:59 am GMT
ACT COOL ANY WAY U DO IT
Guest!   Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 pm GMT
"this word spoken to a black person from someone of any other race, is considered racist"

This is not entirely true, as many African American's who have friends of other races will accept said friends using this word in a socail context. Best advice you can give about this word is that if you don't know what it means or how to use it in a suitable context, then don't :)
Ethoglow   Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:51 am GMT
English speakers are naturally lazy, as with other languages and linguistic techniques, we drop sounds, cut out words and make implications in our speech in order to make our lives a little bit easier...

tell yu wah all tha time, don worry bout it...
Rudolph   Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:56 am GMT
Guest, why are you faking my data. I know who you are and where you live. I gave my bread to you, and is it how you treat me, malicious brother?

Rudolph is upset and disappointed with you.

Hey kid, enjoy my favourite website but don't fake to criticise innocent people like me.
DJ   Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:41 pm GMT
What Does Nigga Means?Is This A Abusive Word