Help me, please

Tuker   Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:42 pm GMT
Hi guys,

I'm trying to do an argumentative essay on "The role of computers in language learning" or "CALL". The essay should run about 1,000-1,200 words (3-4 pages). I've been doing a lot of brain-storming recently but it's just not clicking with me!! :(

I've done three projects on the same topic (Personal narritive, Literature Review and Interview Report) and this is the last project (Argumentative Essay). My last three projects were all about three points; including: learning with computers and motivation, improving critical thinking, and increasing interaction with the materials being studied.

The paper is due next Wed, and I still don't know what to argue about. I mean I can argue about anything on this topic, but 3 pages is too much!!
I've been thinking about conducting the argument on " whether learning with computers would isolate ESL students from interacting with their classmates or not?", but again 3 pages is too much for me! :(

Please help me. :(
I await for your ideas and suggestions. Anything will be useful.

Thanks in advance. :)
Another student.   Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:39 pm GMT
No none's going to do your homework for you, Tuker.
Tuker   Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:50 pm GMT
I'm not asking for that "another student"... i'm just sayin' that i need some ideas...
Boy   Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:43 am GMT
Tuker.. what ideas you have brainstormed so far. Also, are you going to write about one side of the essay? Either merits or demerits??

I think you should go for merits. For example, esl students can interact on different forums, people can search different infomartion on the net as it called a treasure trove of information. People can create educational lessons via email - there can be online teaching...etc there are many educational softwares to gain and learn knowledge..using computers for learning languages is different and unique..you can elaborate much more in your essay on such points..

Go and write an essay. Post us a copy of it right here.
Michelle   Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:50 am GMT
I had my first contact with English when I was six. My dad inspired me to listen to The Beatles. I listened to them every day for the next seven years. In the beginning I could understand nothing of what they were singing. But soon I started to understand.
Redolf   Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:15 pm GMT
I think learning with computers wouldn't isolate ESL students from interacting with their classmates. Learning with computers could help to gain times, ex= with Bibliorom dictionary, you can find your word in one second. the only drawback is that computer could never replace humain even with Artificial Intelligent.