Please listen to my English to see if I am doing fine

Kaz   Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:32 am GMT
Hello, I am back again. About a year ago I believe you helped me improve my English pronunciation by giving me advises. Since then my friend and I managed to finishing writing a book about English pronunciation and we are almost done trying to launch it in Japan.

I am wondering if you could listen to my English again and tell me how it sounds. I appreciate if you could give me very detailed comments about any part of it that may sound a little bit off. I really appreciate it. I am trying to be very exact, so any comments are welcome.

The sound file is at:
http://www.estat.us/kaz/eigo/speaker1b.wav

Thank you so much.
Michelle   Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:26 am GMT
You speak realy well.

Sometimes, like in the middle of the recording, you sounded kind of flat, and i could pick out that you weren't american. right around ' no pictures or conversations in it' and then a couple sentences after.
Thanks   Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:16 pm GMT
Thanks, Michelle, for pointing out a problem area. I am pasting a passage below, so it may help people to make comments.

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, `and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice `without pictures or conversation?'

There was nothing so VERY remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so VERY much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, `Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!' ..(when she thought it over afterwards, it occurred to her that she ought to have wondered at this, but at the time it all seemed quite natural).