The figure for the distance of Romanian from Latin

Sigma   Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:21 am GMT
I don't know much at all about French. In Spanish, "la" and "el" are used, as well as "las" and "los" (in plural sense) for feminine and masculine respectively. French doesn't have the same articles, and I hardly ever see "la" in French, so I took a guess and used "le", which I see in French all the time.

Es natural que piensea de esa forma debido a que no hablas Francés. Con la práctica te darás cuenta muchas otras similitudes que tienen el Francés y el Español, cuando menos a nivel gramatical.
LAA   Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:27 am GMT
Si, es verdad. La gramatica francesa y la gramatica espanola son muy similares. Pero el frances me recuerda ingles tambien.
Sigma   Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:30 am GMT
Otros ejemplos:

La petite fille va couper le papier
La pequeña niña va a cortar el papel

Le cheval va sauter
El caballo va a saltar

La famme = La mujer
La nourriture = La comida
La proposition = La proposición
Une salle de bains = Una sala de baño
LAA   Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:55 am GMT
Yes, I see the similarities, but you provided yet more examples for my opinion.

I know French is not Germanic, but English is, and English has borrowed so many thousands of words from French, that they are used commonly in English.

"La petite fille va couper le papier"

I would relate about half of this with English. To break it down word by word, this is how I would relate to it in my mind:

La- Spanish - La

"petite" - English - petite (small, as in petite frame, or dress size)

"fille" - English fille - used to refer to maidens, or female horses

"va" - Spanish va

"couper" - I wouldn't be able to relate this word to either language

"le" - Spanish - article

"papier" - English - paper, not "papel"

Other than the verb and the articles, I would relate the main words of this sentence to English.

"Le cheval va sauter"

I would relate "cheval" to English "chivalry", which comes from the word which meant "mounted warrior" or "knight". The rest of course I would relate to Spanish.

"La famme" - I would relate this to English "feminine" or the common expression "femme", which in English means something related to women.

"La nourriture" - I would relate this to English "nourishment", which is what food is sometimes called. Definitely not "comida".

"La proposition" - I would relate this to English, because it is spelled exactly the same way, and is pronounced nearly identical in English.

"Une salle de bains" - This is without a doubt very similar to Spanish on paper. But try saying that out loud with a French pronounciation, and see how similar it sounds to Spanish. Try picking that out of a sentence spoken in French at a fast pace, when you don't speak French. I tell you now, it would not sound anything like "Una sala de ban~o)

I don't know how to write the "ñ" on my keyboard. Sorry about that.