Help

Moi   Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:20 pm GMT
Are these sentences correct?

1) It's been a long time since I'm not happy or 2) I haven't been happy for a long time.
Laura Braun   Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:11 pm GMT
There are so many people which are unhappy on this land . See some people go shopping and they are overspending, because they used shopping therapy which help them to feel happy. See that fat lady in MC Donalds, she is eating the next hamburger, because otherwise she could not be happy. A good friend of mine told me that happyness is travelling , not destination. I'm not an expert about your sentence, but what I think is that it's not good to say that you were not happy for long time.
Johnathan Mark   Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:38 pm GMT
Either of these would be your best option:

It's been a long time since I've been happy.
I've been unhappy for a long time.
Uriel   Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:10 am GMT
The original #2 is correct (I haven't been happy for a long time), but to express #1 (It's been a long time since I'm not happy), I would go with Johnathan Mark's first suggestion (It's been a long time since I've been happy).
uriel   Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 pm GMT
h
Uriel   Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:53 pm GMT
To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
Robin   Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:19 pm GMT
Quote from Donald Rumsfeld

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld