Enough of the garbage

Johnathan Mark   Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:32 am GMT
This forum is supposed to be about languages and liguistics, not ethnicity, cultural differences, or anything like that. Please stop posting so much garbage on here. Also, book endorsements don't belong here. This forum is becoming more and more a forum for a few people to argue non-constructively with recurring themes. I am getting quite disillusioned with it, and, looking at the few names of people who still post, I am not the only one.
Arthur   Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 am GMT
Hi Johnathan Mark,

How can we discuss constructively, with guys like you praising so much the English language as you did in some older thread? This is a language forum.

On the other hand, I agree with you. Stop posting and inquiring about who is more Latin, who is colder, who has brown eyes, it is quite annoying to read this each time, especially from people claiming an IQ of 140, but showing that does not have a clue how different the world is outside of the books!!!!! Childish threads an so on...
greg   Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:41 am GMT
D'accord avec toi, Jonathan Mark : les longues digressions récurrentes sur l'ADN, les ethnies, les "races", la couleur des yeux (des cheveux etc) me donnent la nausée.
viri amaoro   Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:44 am GMT
I agree. Give people enough room to post lateral topics, even if the subject drifts from language(s).
Except for spam and insults, which I think should be deleted, if some post has interest people will comment. If not, just let it die.
Arthur   Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:57 pm GMT
Guest,

I don't quite agree with you.
I haven't seen any racism or Latin superiority in any postings of Greg.

In fact, he has just always asked for proofs and demonstrations of what is sometimes stated so solidly by some in this forum. I find this attitud completely understandable.

On the other side, he has never proclaimed that his language is the closest to Latin, or better than Germanic languages. I think the only problem is that the fact that he only writes in French (not that I have a problem with that) and sometimes in a very sarchastic way (again, no problem with that, indeed, give us more of that Greg!!) often mislead to many wrong interpretations of his comments.

So let us be fair. Other guys do post racist comments, or try to convince others about the superiority of this or that language over all others...
Tiffany   Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:46 pm GMT
I concur that greg has never posted anything racist. I know that many here have accused him of arrogance because he posts only in French, but his reasoning has nothing to do with arrogance. Of course, greg, since you write your reasoning in French, they might not be able to read it.

If "greg" has posted anything racist, it's most likely an impersonator. Since we have no login/registration system, anyone can be impersonated.
LAA   Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:46 pm GMT
<<If "greg" has posted anything racist, it's most likely an impersonator. Since we have no login/registration system, anyone can be impersonated.>>

I agree. Because if that's the case, nearly everyone on this board has posted some racist or profane language, myself included, because of impersonators who are sick in the head.