How i improve my english writing skills

Azizkakar   Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:49 am GMT
hi, me a new comer to this forum, anyone would like to tell me that how i can improve my english writing skills
GHOST   Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm GMT
I think you need more shit!
I just want you to know: I Love spam!
bever   Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:47 pm GMT
Azizkakar, some say that reading helps to improve writing. I think reading the language helps you become more familiar with syntax (word order) and expand your vocabulary and spelling.
Colleen   Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:58 pm GMT
I think that just practicing writing in an actual situation helps best. Such as getting an e-penpal. (Hopefully with a native speaker), who is willing to correct any mistakes you make.
shay_ angel   Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am GMT
i need help, got test
furrykef   Tue May 08, 2007 8:34 am GMT
There's no magical "one-size-fits-all" solution for improving your writing skills. A wise person once said, "If you want to learn how to write, write." In other words, you can only truly learn by doing. That's not to say that other methods of learning are useless -- far from it -- but the most important thing is to DO it.

Definitely get your writing reviewed by a native speaker, too. You will at least get an idea of where you need to improve. Writing in a word processor and using the grammar check feature can be useful, too, but beware that these often give bad advice, so always pay attention to the explanation for its correction to make sure that it makes sense. (Definitely be aware of how faulty grammar check can be in your native language before trying it with a foreign language.)

- Kef
Guest   Fri May 11, 2007 10:38 am GMT
You can write only well when you have something on your mind. Forget it if you dont read and listen a lot. First, show some patience, read and listen a lot daily. Keep at it for atleast six months without writing. Then start writing slowly and surely by using a simple language then you'll see how your writing skills will skyrocket. It is all simple. First feed your brain with something (input) then you will gain output. Simple math really.
lolo   Sat May 12, 2007 5:59 pm GMT
please I need to learn english proporly
furrykef   Sat May 12, 2007 8:24 pm GMT
I'm sorry, but we can't help you until you give us a specific problem to help you with. If you want general advice with English, it's all over the Antimoon site...

- Kef
moon   Wed May 16, 2007 8:27 am GMT
if u want to improve ur english writing skill ,u must be crezy in it everytime.
Keyona from the US   Thu May 17, 2007 11:04 pm GMT
I had a teacher who told us that reading, hearing and writing all train our minds in a different way and that a good way to study is to:

Write a copy of the information (straight from a book or magazine for practice), then read the same information aloud so that you can hear it as well as read it because our brain learns differently from reading and hearing.

Maybe writing a copy of well-written paragraphs from stories or articles then reading such things aloud will help you learn proper sentence structure and composition.

Best Wishes!
lolo   Fri May 18, 2007 9:52 am GMT
try to build vocabulary

http://enggrewords.indiah.org

this website will help u alot in this field