English is dying

Guido   Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:58 pm GMT
It won't die but it'll change from the English we know. It has already too many influences, too many neologisms. Besides, young English speakers int the U.S. don't know how to handle a conversation without the word "like". It's ridiculous! I've hear younger people in the U.K. and other countries and they DO know how to speak English properly.
Jon   Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:44 am GMT
Woah, Guido, you need to, like, so, like, settle down. I think you have, like, totally blown this non-problematic problem so totally out of proportion. Besides, when you make, like, a post, and you harp and things like that about, like, bad English, it really makes you look like, like, such a total idiot when you're then like «I've hear younger people», which is, BTW so un-like-cool, and completely ungrammatical.

Like Hell, mate!

Jon
Jon   Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:45 pm GMT
Go for it :-)
Guest   Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:07 am GMT
Woah, Guido, you need to, like, so, like, settle down. I think you have, like, totally blown this non-problematic problem so totally out of proportion. Besides, when you make, like, a post, and you harp and things like that about, like, bad English, it really makes you look like, like, such a total idiot when you're then like «I've hear younger people», which is, BTW so un-like-cool, and completely ungrammatical.

Like Hell, mate!

Jon

Wow talking about ungrammatical.... and you? in whcih language have you written?