How to say about "cigaratte's ending"?

J.Sun   Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:01 pm GMT
I mean when you have finished a cigaratte, how to say the filter, in native language?
In Chinese it is called "cigaratte ass".
zxczxc   Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:33 pm GMT
Fag end. At least in this part of London.
Tamás   Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:42 pm GMT
They say butt for cigarette'end, as far as I know (Have you heard about "Beavis and Butt-head?)
Liz   Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:45 pm GMT
Fag (end).

Tamás, are you Hungarian, by the way?
Guest   Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:12 pm GMT
In American English, it's called a "cigarette butt".
zxczxc   Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:51 pm GMT
Tamas, butt is an American word for arse/backside... that's why Butthead is a bit of an insult.
Tamás   Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:28 am GMT
Liz, Yes, I'm Hungarian and I use Oxford Dictionary.
Tiffany   Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:11 am GMT
The correct term in American English is "cigarette butt", as Guest said. It can be reduced to just "butt" in certain situations.
Liz   Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:38 pm GMT
<<Liz, Yes, I'm Hungarian and I use Oxford Dictionary.>>

No, I did not ask you if you were Hungarian because of your answer. The reason for that was your name. I'm glad to meet a fellow countryman at this forum.
Ben   Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:05 pm GMT
In Thailand we call it 'Khee buree' which tranlates into 'cigarrette's poo'!