company,firm,and cooperation

renate   Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:46 am GMT
would anyone so kind to tell me the differrences between them,then i will not confused anymore
renate   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:52 am GMT
I am sorry for not knowing the fact that this forum was set up for discussing which accent is sexiest rather than helping people who is learing english and who also need help
Deborah   Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:58 am GMT
renate, "company" is a very general term, being any entity engaging in business.

A "firm" is also general. One definition I came across said it was "a commercial partnership of two or more persons, especially if unincorporated." Another definition was virtually the same as the definition of "company".

However, a "corporation" is quite specific: it's "a body that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members."

Hope that helps.
renate   Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:33 am GMT
appreciate your help ,DEBORAH
clearer now
abc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 pm GMT
>>"I am sorry for not knowing the fact that this forum was set up for discussing which accent is sexiest rather than helping people who is learing english and who also need help "

Now that you finally discovered that, you're welcome to leave.. it's not too late is it?
abc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:29 pm GMT
I read "The Firm" over the summer and I feel guilty for the time I spent on it.
Deborah   Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:52 pm GMT
To get a good idea of what corporations are really about, watch the documentary "The Corporation".
renate   Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:21 am GMT
abc,
i realized it late as well as i realize i want to stay here and watch how stupid you will say to broaden my view about the concept about fool.
acutally i am fully confident you won't disappoint me .