please ,how to color english?

zj   Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:47 pm GMT
guys:
it's kind of urgent,I know it may sound inappopriate to say here.
but would you please give me some piece of advise which can increase interst in English language?
acually I as a native Chinese,will take a exam and my current problem is I can't concentrate in Enlish. Maybe i got information through English,but I found my interst is in the subject i am reading or watching rather than the language ,and I think it is devastating
I have a certain time when I consctruct English all day long and thought it beautiful.I am wondering how to get back that time
anyway,the up-coming exam is sort of fateful for me,so --if you have any ideas ,I will be grateful .
Robin   Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:33 am GMT
I would imagine the best introduction to a foreign language would be to watch television programs in that language.

However, that is not going to help you pass an exam, where you will be asked specific questions.

The best way to pass an exam, is to break down the subject into smaller tasks, and then spread the tasks over the time you have got before the exam.

That way, you can introduce a sense of urgency into your study, even if the exam is quite a long way off. Also, if you are 'exam orientated' that creates its own interest.
zj   Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:45 am GMT
Robin,that's nice.
I think I will start by reading novels then.
watching TV series make me want to open my eyes.I think in that way,gradually,I will concern more about the TV contents than the voice.
anyway,thank you
Ken   Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:49 pm GMT
zj, your written English is really quite good. You need some attention to spelling (or perhaps just typing). Your idea of reading novels is good, because you will then see some good English and if the novel is interesting you will absorb the English without concentrating on it. It is probably better to be interested in the subject rather than in the language.