Linda   Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:03 am GMT
Can anybody advice to me what the following sentence mean? What should the printing be like?
"Please printed the mark on gable-end on the carton"
Robin   Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:27 pm GMT
Sometimes you see these sentences, and they do not make a lot of sense. A Gable-End, is the end of a house. So, what is the gable-end of a cartoon.

It doesn't make sense. It might help to see the passage that it is in.
Geoff_One   Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:01 pm GMT
Vertical triangular part/component?? In the case of a house (if it has gables), the upper and lower boundaries of these triangular components (In the cases that I am aware of there are two - other numbers are possible.) are likely to correspond with the upper and lower points of the roof or be vertically contained within the roof's upper and lower points. However, I have the idea that the gables are actually vertical batons that are attached to the outside face of these triangular components.
Linda   Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 am GMT
I was discussing with one of our customer how to print the shipping mark on a carton, and he said " "Please printed the mark on gable-end on the carton" . Later i checked again with him, and he told me the mark should be printed on the front and one of the sides. so does "gable-end on carton" mean the 2 side adjacent?