Easy but Messy!

LVN   Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 pm GMT
I've some questions which is easy for you but difficult for me!
1) What’s the word “Newsguy” mean?
2) “I’m often on my own” -> Meaning, please?
3) Is “There’s no need to use boat to cross this stream” similar to “I/You/He/She… needn’t to use a boat to cross this stream”?
4) “Bear in Mind”-> Meaning, please?
6) I see this in almost stadiums in England 1) What’s the word “Newsguy” mean?
2) What’s the word “In unusual” mean? Ex: In unsual mov, race officials are warning runners of the dangers of drinking too much water.
3) “I’m often on my own” -> Meaning, please?
4) Is “There’s no need to use boat to cross this stream” similar to “I/You/He/She… needn’t to use a boat to cross this stream”?
5) “Bear in Mind”-> Meaning, please?
6) I see this in almost England stadiums: “I’m lovin’ it”. So what does it mean?
7) “Man, that’s a cool trip!”. What’s the meaning of the word “man”. Can we use “woman” when we talk with a woman?
8) “Once in a while”-> Meaning, Please?
LVN ( thanks)   Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 pm GMT
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
LVN (mistakes)   Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:18 pm GMT
I've some questions which are easy for you but difficult for me!
If notice any mistakes in my text below please point them out to me!
Robin   Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:00 pm GMT
1) What’s the word “Newsguy” mean?

In context:

So I yelled at Mr. “Talking Head” cable news guy and told him he had stated a total lie (by mistake), ...

A man presenting the Television News

I do not spend my time with other people.

3) Is “There’s no need to use boat to cross this stream” similar to “I/You/He/She… needn’t to use a boat to cross this stream”?

To keep in your mind's eye.

To concentrate on a number of things.

6) I see this in almost stadiums in England 1) What’s the word “Newsguy” mean?

2) What’s the word “In unusual” mean? Ex: In unsual mov, race officials are warning runners of the dangers of drinking too much water.

In an unusual move....

(You should at least type them out in full.)

Unusual is the opposite of 'usual'. Do a google search?

3) “I’m often on my own” -> Meaning, please?

4) Is “There’s no need to use boat to cross this stream” similar to “I/You/He/She… needn’t to use a boat to cross this stream”?

5) “Bear in Mind”-> Meaning, please?

6) I see this in almost England stadiums: “I’m lovin’ it”. So what does it mean?

This is the reason why I have bothered to answer this question. Again you could find out by using Google. In fact you would get an interesting result. "I'm loving it" is a catch phrase used by the Coke a Cola company.

7) “Man, that’s a cool trip!”. What’s the meaning of the word “man”. Can we use “woman” when we talk with a woman?

No, in this context, man can refer to a man or a woman, although it sounds better with reference to a man. It is just an exclamation, and something of an Americanism.

It is self explanatory.

Not all the time. Sometimes.
Tiffany   Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:22 am GMT
Robin got some of it correct, but I'm going to reformat it and answer them again.

Reformatted questions:

1) What the word "Newsguy" mean?

5) What’s the word “In unusual” mean? Ex: In unsual mov, race officials are warning runners of the dangers of drinking too much water.

1) That is not a word by itself, please provide more context. In the context Robin gave, it does mean a man who works in television, but it might mean something different in another context.

2) The person is alone for a lot of the time

3) The phrases should be: "There's no need to use a boat to cross this stream" and "I/you/she/he needn't use a boat to cross this stream". The phrases are identical in meaning.

4) It means that a person should remember/be aware of a detail following the expression. Ex. "Bear in mind that you might get wet" means "Remember you might get wet"

5) Robin supplied the correct phrase which is "In an unusual". Unusual means it is not something you'd expect.

6) That is McDonald's signature phrase at the moment, not Coca-Cola's logo (which I believe is "Always Coca-cola", but it may have changed by now)

7) This is just an expression and does not really refer to a gender when used in speech. It is like "Damn!" (Perhaps it is an Americanism, but since I am an American, I can guarantee this definition is correct.)

8) Same as "Sometimes"