Posh English

CH   Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:35 pm GMT
I speak RU English and I have never been harassed or bothered because of that.
Glikeria   Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:17 pm GMT
Excuse my ignorance. I wonder what "RU" English is - rural? Russian?
CH   Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:07 pm GMT
Glikeria, wer'e talking about English accents
Guest   Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:54 pm GMT
The Russian English accent sounds good. You have to remember to not use articles (a, the) when you use it, though.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:25 am GMT
Thank you so much for this.

I believe that these words add some of the missing beauty back to to our language.

Also, it's useful to know how to use them. I'm writing a bit of historical fiction right now, and I honestly did not know most of what was posted here.

Seriously, the part I was stuck on was my hero's poem to his twoo wuv, and the poem just became about 500 times more poetic because of these words.

Yay, you!
Skippy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 pm GMT
lol California accents...

Actually, in most cases, colonies tend to maintain more a more conservative dialect than the homeland... Ergo, American English and Canadian English are more similar to Elizabethan English than English English or Australian English.
Andy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 pm GMT
Thank goodness the colonies didn't keep Elizabethan dress sense. I have a vision of Skippy dressed as Lord Percy on Blackadder. Mummy please make the visions go away.
Andy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 pm GMT
Thank goodness the colonies didn't keep Elizabethan dress sense. I have a vision of Skippy dressed as Lord Percy on Blackadder. Mummy please make the visions go away.
Andy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:41 pm GMT
Hello, it that double vision?
Skippy   Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:10 am GMT
lol one of my friends just told me i look like james roday from the show 'psych.' definitely no one from blackadder.