how to express the feeling of waste

may   Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:23 am GMT
for example,if you go to see the movie and it doesn't funny. You feel that you waste your money and thinking about shouldn't use it. how to say this feeling in english.
Guest   Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 am GMT
I would say, "Well I sure got screwed (out of my money)!" or "What a rip-off!" or "Jesus Christ, what was I thinking?"
Robin   Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:31 am GMT
Dear May

What you have already said expresses how you feel about going to a movie that was not funny.

I was recently invited to a meal that was not very good. However I still thanked my host, and I did not say anything about the meal.

There are some stock phrases (standard phrases: cliches).

"What a load of rubbish!", the sort of thing people might say about someone else's football team.

"That was a load of bollocks!" Probably not an expression that you should use. I will have to look up 'bollocks' to see if it means what I think it means

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/b.htm

bollocks:

Noun

1 Testicles
2 Rubbish, nonsense, drivel e.g. 'That film was bollocks.'

These slang experessions of a sexual nature sound much better coming from a man than from a woman.
j   Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:53 am GMT
may:"how to say this feeling in english."

My guess, may meant: "how to NAME this feeling in english."
Robin   Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:11 pm GMT
Perhaps the original guest was on the right lines in saying:

<<<"What a rip-off!">>>

or 'that was a disappointment!"

There is an expression: So and so, is a 'waste of space'.

I regret going to the Cinema, I feel that I have wasted my time and money.

What a shame, that it rained on your Wedding.

Just some ideas.
Cow   Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:43 am GMT
>>
"That was a load of bollocks!" Probably not an expression that you should use. I will have to look up 'bollocks' to see if it means what I think it means
<<

In American English "bollocks" just means "nonsense" and so is safe to use.