New ENGILSH accents?

Vivian   Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:43 am GMT
Hi, I'm from Connecticut, which is obviously a part of new england, I am an actress and have been told many times and by many different people that I have a "new english accent." Now I'm not talking a boston accent or even the prep-school accent, even when out-of-towners meet my friends and I they say they can't believe we grew up in southern Connecticut. They say it sounds like a softer and lesser-version of an upperclass english accent. I have even landed rolls on major sitcoms simply because of the way I naturally talk. So is it true, is there anyone else out there from new england that think they have a "new english accent"- thats what the people in hollywood are calling it and their looking for people who have it! Have you ever heard someone who you thought may have this type of accent. If so please tell me because I am exremly interested! Thank you!
Robin   Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:14 pm GMT
I would have thought it was a 'New England' accent, rather than a new English accent.

Is it true what they say about Blondes?
Vivian   Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:26 am GMT
Yeah, new england accent would be the proper way to say it. Blondes? I don't think they have more fun, but I'm not a blonde so wouldn't be so blessed to know.