Modern Greek, Modern Hebrew, Mordern Arabic.

ZhongGuoRen   Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 am GMT
Mr. Calliope,

It's very kind of you, thank you for your perfect reply.

By the way, I'm a Christian(Protestant), Immanuel.

So maybe I tend to pay attention to Hebrew language,

As a linguistic fan, I would like to learn Modern Greek too.
ZhongGuoRen   Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:55 am GMT
Calliope,

Sorry, I meant that I would like to learn both Hebrew and Arabic, so I have to give up learning Modern Greek or Latin. Thank you very much again.
Calliope   Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:59 am GMT
You are welcome, I'm glad if I was of any help. By the way, I am woman; not that I expect anyone to realise that by looking at a Greek name though, heh heh.

Since you are interested in the religious context: Old Testament in Hebrew, New Testament in Greek. However, the fact is that the New Testament Greek is not exactly what you'd hear spoken nowadays (you'd still communicate, but it's antiquated and would sound weird); I imagine it is somewhat like that with Hebrew too, but I really don't know for sure.
ZhongGuoRen   Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:11 am GMT
Ms. Calliope,

Oh, I see, It's just like that Latin divided into Classical Latin and Vulgar Latin, so Greek divided into Classical style and Modern Style, and so did Hebrew, especially in Old Testament and New Testament original text.

If I want to learn Hebrew and Arabic, I have enough textbooks and grammar books, but when it comes to Greek, I haven't found any related books in China as yet, perhaps, apart from English and German, I would like to learn Hebrew and Arabic, because of lacking in learning materials of Modern Greek.

Thank you! BYE! Wish you always happy and healthy!
Ion   Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm GMT
Observer,

You watch too many action movies, my firend! Calm down, we didn't generated anything to agitate our minds. Why did you get so iritated?

I just invited Guest, in my previous posting, to not develop the subject because we are not on the right forum. He, apparently agreed, (because he stopped any comments on this matter) and I didn't say anything more... You came now trying to re-activate a dead conversation and to give it an aggressive note; a note which never existed!

How do you call your reaction?

I'm very disappointed by your intervention...it was not necessary at all and it was very easy to see that!

Have a nice day!
observer   Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:08 am GMT
I wasn’t trying to re-active a “dead” conversation. Why you think so? My comment came not after a long silence of you both. As a matter of fact; I posted it just few hours after your “prolonged” post about democracy that most probably Guest had have not the chance to read it yet.

If your sole intention was truly to make that conversation a “dead” one, why then you wrote so much in response to Guest’s post. You should have said in the first lines that this was not the right place to discuss these issues, and that you are not going to respond anymore. But instead, you wrote and wrote and wrote, and at the end, you asked Guest:

Einverstanden?

Why did you ask him so? Suppose he is not agreeing on what you said, haven’t you thought that he will post to “disagree” with you? And were do you think we was/is going to write that? I tell you were, here in Antimoon.

Believe me, once someone gets to politics here, things get aggravated, and nothing stops it unless our terminator terminates it with his powerful weapon: the “DELET” button.

And by the way, I don’t like action movies.

If you were irritated from me, then Entschuldigung!
Ion   Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:11 pm GMT
No, Observer, you didn't iritate (d) me att all, and maybe you are right in what you are saying.... It is my fault, I'm sorry!

Best regards!