If you are intereted in pronunciation/etc., ---

Young-Won Kim   Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:11 am GMT
why not talk/study phonetics (in earnest), if you are intereted in pronunciation/etc.

Comparative phonetics

The (comparative) study (in the structure/mode/way of pronunciation, articulation, phonetics, or whatever; that is, in the difference of speaking mouth postures and resultant speaking weight/force center points) between English/foreign languages and the mother tongue, for better (more practical/effective/smooth) hearing/speaking of English/foreign languages.
Please visit/participate the following site.

http://www.voicespec.com/board.cgi?id=test1
http://www.voicespec.com/

http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=9788995621400&clickOrder=LAA

I wrote/published the book of “Master Key to English HEARING + pronunciation” to help many Koreans (and Japanese?), who show/have some severer difficulty in hearing English (than other peoples), to learn English hearing & pronunciation effectively, and to introduce to (and help) English (German, French, etc.; that is, European language) teachers in the whole world, so as to teach Korean learners efficiently.

And I joined “academici.com/net” April/2004 and opened the forum of “comparative phonetics” to write (the above) MANY articles, as you see. Though “academici.com/org” was closed and new ““academici.net” has been launched, I now start my own homepage of “voicespec.com” to continue the forum of “comparative phonetics” with YOU, and ask YOUR opinion/writings.

Young-Won Kim

ygwnkm@yahoo.co.kr , ygwnkm@hotmail.com ,

Re: the article of “Won’t, don’t, can’t, haven’t, we’re, couldn’t, we’ll, I’ve, etc.”

17. SO INTERESTINGLY,
when once taking the (KOREAN) posture of cp on the vocal cords, bp on the lowest throat/neck; irregardless of additionally/further taking the DOUBLE/triple posture composed of FIRST (KOREAN) posture of cp on the vocal cords, bp on the lowest throat/neck; and then the (ENGLISH) posture of cp on the vocal CORDS, slanted backwards/below and bp on the lowest neck/throat or the DOUBLE posture composed of the FIRST (original) posture of (ENGLISH) cp on the vocal CORDS, slanted backwards/below and bp on the lowest neck/throat and (then) one of the English any usual??/ACTUAL (articulating) postures of (British) cp in the nasal cavity and bp high/front in the mouth, (LA/USA) cp/high and bp/front in the mouth, or (NY/USA) cp/low and bp/front in the mouth, etc. for examples or not;
if some English words of “house, roof, room, sky, earth, sea, spring, summer, fall (NOT autumn), winter, people (NOT person/man), maiden, maid, girl, sled, pretty, go, went, gone, come, came, (have/had) come, do, did, done, - - - etc.” (as well as numbers) are tried to speak, then the Korean equivalent words of “house/집[jib], roof/지붕[jibung], room/방[bang], sky/하늘[han(=)l], earth/땅[dang], sea/바다[bada], spring/봄[bom], summer/여름[(ŋ)iΛr(=)m], fall/가을[ga(ŋ=)l], winter/겨울[giΛ(ŋ)ul], people/사람[q(sh)aram], maiden/색씨[q(sh)ægsi], maid/처녀[(t)c(h)ΛniΛ], girl/아가씨[(ŋ)agaq(sh)i], sled/썰매[q(sh)Λlmæ], pretty/예쁜[(ŋ)ieb(=)n], go/가다[gada], went/갔다[gadda], gone/갔었다[gassΛdda], come/오다[(ŋ)oda], came/왔다[(ŋ)uadda]/[wadda], (have/had) come/왔었다[(ŋ)uassΛdda]/[wassΛdda], do/하다[hada], did/했다[hædda], done/했었다[hæssΛdda], - - - etc.” are automatically spoken/pronounced rather in MONO syllables than in MULTI syllables.
- - - and so on.