British accent sigts

loola   Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:46 pm GMT
would you please aid me in getting websigts for practicing pronunciaions for free,,,since i am traviling to england soon and i like to practice and to test my accent,,,
i do appreciate your concern,,,
Damian in Scotland   Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 pm GMT
I am British but I don't live in England - I live in that little bit of heaven tacked on to the northernmost top of England, but nevertheless I may well be able to give you the information and assistance you require.

You must be a little more specific though. I mean - is it sound recordings of a variety of English accents (or indeed British, if you want to wander further afield on this wee Island) that you would like to listen to on audio?

As you no doubt know there are many different types of accents and regional dialects. Different Languages as well as it happens, but it's English that concerns you.

Or do you just want to focus on visual web sites for information on the English accents scene? You obviously want to familiarise yourself with current usage of English in England - it's constantly changing and new forms of expression come on the scene all the time.

Please confirm and I will be happy to help you.