Wow I haven't been here for over 3 years.

Dr.Know   Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 pm GMT
the above post was posted by me. Forgot to write my name in the box.
Ashley   Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 pm GMT
Minnesota, for some reason we love to exaggerate our vowels. If you hear a Minnesotan say Minnesota, it would sound something close to "Minnesoooota"
Dr.know   Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:54 pm GMT
Then record your exaggerated vowels as a sample of your accent. I'd love to listen your accent and want to know how it feels like on my ears.
Ashley   Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:56 pm GMT
Well I will soon then, but if I don't exaggerate my vowels, don't get mad at me. That means my friends out of this state have been lying to me :p.

Oh, if you want, tell me what you want me to say, because I have NO clue what to say during recordings.
Guest   Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:05 pm GMT
Say: "I was so stupid three years back on Antimoon forum. I used to be a bad reader but now I am a better reader because of reading three novels. We Minnesotans love to exaggerate our vowels and sound very different from other Americans who live in other parts of the country." :-)
Ashley   Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:08 pm GMT
LOL, I wasn't stupid on here 3 years ago, I just wouldn't give up. Nowadays, I just say screw it, not worth arguing, but ok! :)
Dr.Know   Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:30 pm GMT
Nice chatting. Looking forward to hearing your accent very soon. Have a nice day.
Ashley   Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:41 pm GMT
I recorded it, but I have to get the recording on the computer. So it should be soon, everyone.
Ashley   Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 pm GMT
I sent antimoon an accent sample, so it should be on here soon :)
Dr.Know   Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:04 pm GMT
or else try this free hosting site. Registration is free.

http://media.putfile.com/title
Travis   Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:33 pm GMT
It just seems that some here perceive Upper Midwestern dialects as sounding "Asian" for whatever reason; I (who is from Wisconsin) got the same exact thing from one of my speech samples on here in the past, for whatever reason. I myself would recommend that you (Ashley) just disregard these sorts more than anything else here...
Ashley   Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:09 pm GMT
Well I recorded myself and put it on here, so check it out :)
Jim   Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:03 pm GMT
Hello again Ashley.