An Imported Question for All

Valeria   Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:17 pm GMT
would you rather speak three languages such as English-Turkish-Russian very well with a little knowledge of French or Spanish, or know two languages very well such as Eng-Tur with a little knowledge of another three languages such as German, Spanish and French? Please answer, your answer might be my future really...
Riadach   Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:21 pm GMT
Well for what purpose are you learning these languages? For economic reasons (i think its a crime to learn a language for the sake of money), or for cultural awareness?
Valeria   Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:37 pm GMT
Sorry but I couldn't understand why it is a crime to learn languages for economic purposes.I'll learn these languages for economic purposes.There is something lik interpretation-translation on earth, right?
Eric   Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm GMT
Valeria, why are you hesitating between speaking two or three languages fluently? Do you feel it might be too hard to learn three of them?
Valeria   Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:00 pm GMT
Oh, I think I set my question a bit complexed.So let me make it accurate.I mean whether learning three languages very well or learning two languages very well with a little knowledge of three other languages is better...Now you answer it, please...
superdavid   Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 pm GMT
If I pick one option, are you gonna learn as what I pick? =p
riadach   Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:51 pm GMT
just that there is so much more to a language than making money.
Franco   Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:06 pm GMT
Where was this question manufactured and how was it transported? I didn't know an abstract thing like a question needs to be imported, or is this some kind of allegorical allusion to something more concrete? I guess you could refer to an item as a "quesion", if it has some kind of mysterious quality to it, but this would be rather unnatural. Maybe you are referring to the internet, as in transporting it to us by electronic means, but this is not the sense portrayed by "importation". I hope you didn't have to pay any tarrifs to import for us this important question.

Btw, learn many languages, you will get bored with the few soon, and want to die or something, so it's good to have back up.
Eric   Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:42 am GMT
Valeria, this is a question that only you can answer. We can't know for you how many languages you are willing to learn, and how many you'd be pleased to speak.
Valeria   Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm GMT
Oh, anyway, you've thought me that none of you is clever enough to understand my question.Forget it.
Albana   Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:07 pm GMT
Valeria, first learn how to speak (and type!) English correctly. Then move on to other languages. :)