Top Three Most Studied Languages in the World?

ZhongGuoRen to Libelle   Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:57 am GMT
Hallo! Libelle, Wie geht es Ihnen?

English has been and will be the admitted International language in the world.
French is considerd as an elegant and important langauge just second to English.
Japanese is very useful because China and Japan have a strong ties in terms of every field, and in fact Japanese is objectively more popular than French.
And I said, Germany, in Europe, has been always the largest trading partner of CHINA, and just as you said, <German is extremely important for international trade, economics, medicine (pharmacology) and engineering/technology, not to mention of course the rich cultural contributions the German-speaking countries have made to the world.>
Finally I have another reason to tell you that, I love the power and belief which German pronunciation can bring me. It really makes me feel that Human has a more beautiful future ahead of us. HAHAHA, it's all. Danke!
Guest   Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:57 am GMT
German can took a bigger position in China, but I'm not sure it replace french, because the Chinese conclude a big commercial pact with Africa, you know, and the French will be certainly favourized...
ZhongGuoRen   Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:44 am GMT
When it comes to the question of which is the most beautiful language, perhaps many people will blurt out "French" without hesitation in public, and so will Chinese, because French really lives up to its reputation in the world. And in China, numerous undergraduates have taken French as an elective, not only for France, Belgium, Switzerland(French region), Canada(Quebec) or Luxemburg, but also for most countries of Africa, due mainly to the fact that China has a rather friendly relationship with the whole Africa for many years. But frankly speaking, Germany has made a far-reaching influence on Chinese society, just as what Mr. Libelle wrote, philosophy & protestantism, economy & trading, pharmacology & clinical experience, optical instrument & precision machinery, germanic cultural heritage & humanistic refinement. Especially I noticed that few French multinational companies or organizations came to China and invested in different careers, whereas Germany has done a lot more than France has, so has other German-speaking countries than French speaking ones. This is also one of the main reasons why some Chinese learners finally gave up learning French, and the other one may be the difficulties on precise French pronunciation, whereas I still feel that German is actually not very difficult to learn for Chinese people, and in some places German is even easier than French such as pronunciation, verbal inflection, and tenses. The only difficulty that I ever found, is that inverted order of German is very different from English or Romance languages. And in China, we have another advantage to choose German to learn, it's plenty of "learning stuffs" such as German textbooks, dictionaries, grammar books, and CD records, although we have a lot of (lesser) French ones too. And at last, there's one thing else that need to be mentioned, in recent years, more and more German people came to China's large cities and then settled down here or married Chinese girls, although it happened to French people (lesser) too. That's nearly all I want to tell you, my dear friends. Keep in touch then.
Libelle to ZhongGuoRen   Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 pm GMT
<<Finally I have another reason to tell you that, I love the power and belief which German pronunciation can bring me. It really makes me feel that Human has a more beautiful future ahead of us. HAHAHA, it's all. Danke!>>

Ha ha, ZhongGuoRen -- you crack me up! ;)

<<But frankly speaking, Germany has made a far-reaching influence on Chinese society, just as what Mr. Libelle wrote, philosophy & protestantism, economy & trading, pharmacology & clinical experience, optical instrument & precision machinery, germanic cultural heritage & humanistic refinement.>>

One thing, however: I am a female, not a guy! :)

Also, I think German sounds very good when spoken by men (VERY good -- ha ha), but not as good when females speak it, so I think it sounds better when I speak French -- problem is, I am much better at German than French ! I need to practice my French more than before!

Viele Grüße aus New York!
Libelle
Kendra   Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:46 pm GMT
in Brazil:

1. english
2. spanish
3. italian