what is it about?

sally   Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:03 pm GMT
Hi,

could possibly anyone, please, rewrite the paragraph below so that I can be sure of what it is about. I have an idea, however, being not a native speaker, I'd prefer to make sure.

Natalie had rung Harry at the office because all of a sudden she was worried. ,,I think I’d better come round, Mrs. Harris," said Hilary, thinking she should break the news gently, face to face. On account of how she didn't think Mr. Harris was going to be there for dinner, no matter how many im¬portant people had been asked. And thus she did break the news, and little thanks she got for it.

thanks a lot
Skippy   Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 pm GMT
Natalie called Harry at the office because she had suddenly become worried. "I think I'd better come over, Mrs. Harris," said Hillary, who believed she could break the news gently and in person. She didn't think Mr. Harris was going to be there, no matter how many important people were invited. So she broke the news to Mrs. Harris, who gave her no thanks for it.

Hope that's helpful...
sally   Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 pm GMT
thanks skippy for giving me a hand with that text. I wasnt sure of some expressions used for many english words are polysemantic.

cheers
Travis B.   Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:38 pm GMT
I'm afraid I've been seeing signs of prescriptivists.
sally   Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 pm GMT
why?
Victoria   Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:09 pm GMT
Wow! this is confusing. Who was Harry?. This is the bad news for Mrs Harris, yes?. Why has Nathalie become worried?.

I have better story. I have taken the children to the park today and we fed the ducks, gooses and swans with the old bread. We take the long times putting on the coats, tying the trainers and walking. When we reach lake the swan it chases me and Nicki trys to eat the dirty, old bread she drops. We go home again. The end. This is better story, yes?
sally   Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm GMT
no idea