Future of the languages?

Andrew   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:04 pm GMT
What languages you think that are widely and moderately spoken today will be in danger of instinction (well...not TOTALLY) in a hundred or three hundred years? What language will become more universal? And is it true that French and Italian will become "dead-languages?"
Clovis   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:27 pm GMT
French and Italian will be always spoken in France and Italy...it's a strange question...
Andrew   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
Yes, but I hear that these countries (italy in particular), are shrinking. I also heard that France is losing its languages to arabic ? but I am not sure about that!
Clovis   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm GMT
I never heard that...however I'm French...
I think it's impossible or in 5000 years^^Arabic is spoken in France, that's sure, because of French colonization in Maghreb...but this language is only used in Maghrebian families...no more. Morever the immigrants must learn French...
And it's similar in Italy.
Guest   Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 pm GMT
Les Français d'origine Magrebine essentiellement le Français dans la vie de tous les jours, et la plupart d'entre eux ne connaissent pas l'Arabe. Je ne vois pas dans ces conditions comment le Français pourrait-il être en danger. S'il devait y a un danger ce serait plutôt du à la domination de l'Anglais.

French sounds gay   Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:36 pm GMT
French will surely die out because it's a gay language :)
Gay-reek   Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:39 pm GMT
Greek will die out and be replaced by Turkish...and Albanian! :-)
Un Mallorquí.   Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:39 pm GMT
Comme c'est dommage. Vous avez gâché ce forum. Aujourd'hui, après deux semaines sans y entrer, je suis venu voir. Malheureusement, les choses n'ont fait que d'empirer. Vous l'avez réduit à un niveau déplorable, surtout grâce à mademoiselle Alba, mais aussi à bien d'autres. Si ça vous arrange, grand bien vous fasse.

Restez là, doncs. On cherche ailleurs. Et, bien sûr, on ne reviendra pas. Je parle pour moi-même et pour bien d'autres.

Miquel Adrover
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 am GMT
I don't find French to be a gay language...
the demographer say   Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:53 am GMT
<<And is it true that French and Italian will become "dead-languages?">>

French will disappear in Europe? It's really funny!
France is one of the most dynamic European countries!
The french demography is similar to the American demography, France is the most fecund country of the EU (and in Europe the 2nd after Albania), France has a superior fertility rate (2 children by woman) than Vietnam (1,91 children per woman), China (1,98 children per woman), countries of North Africa (1,80 children per woman), Brazil (1,91 children per woman), Turkey (1,92 children per woman), Iran (1,80 children per woman), Thailand (1,64 children per woman) and of course every developed countries except the United States (2,07 children by woman), and it almost arrived at the rate of renewal of the generations (2,07 children by woman).
So France has a big perspective on the future, the demographers consider that France will exceed the population of Germany before 2040 (the born number in France is superior 150000, that is than there are already more young people in France than Germany), and maybe even that of Russia (there are 500000 inhabitants less every years in Russia).
French language and people will die in Europe, but France began the most powerful country of Europe!

I reveal the future..., 2050 various countries populations:
France 70-80 millions inhabitants (Now 63 M)
Germany 70 millions inhabitants (Now 82 M)
Spain 33 millions inhabitants (Now 42 M)
Italy 40 millions inhabitants (Now 57 M)
Russia <90 millions inhabitants (Now 140 M)
Japan <90 millions inhabitants (Now 127 M)
USA 410 millions inhabitants (half of the american population will become hispanics...) (Now 300 M)
Democratic republic of Congo (french speakers country) 300 millions habitants (Now 60 M)

The French language will survive, but in more it will set some more of importance, because I didn't write the projections of the African French-speaking countries!

The French government maked many stupidities, but the demography was a very important subject.
Why France?
Formerly France until 1795 was the most populous country of Europe, above even Russia, and the third most populous country in the world, behind only China and India! (on wikipedia), the napoleonic period made many young deaths, the birthrate fell before the other European countries, and of this fact France has a better experience of the demography with regard to the other developed countries...
The school is compulsory from 3 years (that doesn't exist somewhere else), the structure and the social welfare is extremely important, the women have big helps during the maternity, etc...

French language isn't a language of the future, French a dead language? saddened for the francophobes, but it's totally false, the official figures prove it.
:D   Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:44 am GMT
French is very gay :DDDD

The 3 gayest languages are French, Italian and British English! :DDD

Albanian sounds like a sound from the somebodies asshole during shiting :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
:D   Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:47 am GMT
El mejor linguaje es el espanol!!!!
EL ESPANOL POR EL MUNDO!!!!!!!
:D (Ahmet)   Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:49 am GMT
GERMAN AND TURKISH ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!
:D   Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:13 pm GMT
Spanish is beautifull, especially castilian (catellano).

German is ok, but albanian language is spoken by fucked-up persons - Alabanian sucks, Alabania sucks too, purest country in europe.
:D   Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:19 pm GMT
I hope Spanish become the language of USA!!
English is shit!
VIVA CASTELLANO!!!!