how to use a new sentence?

leena   Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:55 am GMT
hello everyone
how to memorize a new sentence i mean how to put it into an action or use it? do you have any practical steps abt that? let's say " always avoiding things" this is a sentence from a movie and i want to use it how can i change it? plz tell me
Guest   Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:21 pm GMT
To speak it 15 or 20 times out loud. Use it whenever you have a chance of speaking it or writing it in your email or on the forum whenever a need for it arises.

leena, lemme teach you some sentences from a movie that I saw the other day. Speak them 15 or 20 times out loud.

1. Talk soon.

2. I am a grown up woman. Give it to me straight. (Not being diplomatic, tell things in a straightforward way).

3. Copy that. ( when you give a specific piece of information to a police officer or agents that they work for your company/organization, they will say "copy that" in their reply as a confirmation that they have recieved it.)

4. Be my guest (if someone wants to use something that is belonged to you, and if you give permission to them to have or use it, then you can say this expression, very common it seems, was spoken 4-5 times in the movie).

5. You are a smart pants. ( you are a clever, skillful person).

6. Cut the crap. (Stop talking irrelevant stuff....etc)

7. What the hell is going on?( when you are not sure about what's really happening in a particular situation).

8. Dont give up on me. (Dont lose faith in my skills/abilities.)

9. Move your fat ass. ( Dont be lazy.)

10. Go easy on him/her. ( To treat them less harshly.)