Does this sound like gay?

Cool American Guy   Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:16 pm GMT
No, I take that back.

I talked to an ass in Israel. Though he did not respond. :(
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 pm GMT
To even suggest that people are immediately identifiable as gay simply because of the way they sound when speaking or by the vocabulary they use is just plain stupid crap shit nonsense. As if...... It's just ridiculous stereotyping and based mostly on certain "outrageous" people in the media and in entertainment generally who capitalised on their camp comedy style. Such people have featured in the British entertainment scene for very many years - if you google this topic you come up with the names of some of Britain's campest comics ever. One was Arthur Marshall in the 1930s who loved to mimic haughtily elegant ladies or strict school mistresses with high pitched voices, and at the time of the Battle of Britain in 1940 "she" was asked what "she" would do if the Germans invaded England and landed by parachute in "her" garden. "She" said that "she" would give them a very nasty look.

More recently there was Kenneth Williams (died 1988 - very much a closet gay guy and one with a sad life in private) and Hugh Paddick (strictly straight) who played the very camp duo Sandy and Julian on the radio. The fact that they were gay in their act was never actually stated but of course everybody naturally took them as such. They often resorted to polari apparently - in that form of gay-speak "uomi" simply meant a man.

These are all caricatures, and while camp gay males with effeminate mannerisms and modes of speech and are very campily extrovert certainly do exist, they are very much the minority of gay or bi men. As for many gay men - never in a month of Sundays would you accurately pinpoint their sexual orientation from their speech or mannerisms.
B-2Admirer   Fri May 04, 2007 1:28 pm GMT
Just looked at my Windows eXtremely Putrid CD and found N:\I386\FYI.CO_ which contains FYI.COV. Thank you so much for opening my eyes! Now I know that some bugger cheated me into downloading Microsoft Windows Gay Edition, damn him!
:LMFAO:

It has been a long time since I had such a good laugh...