Reading out loud and speaking!

Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:56 pm GMT
Ha! your overestimating language learning.

Contrary to common perception. It does not require great intelligence. All it requires is patience and perseverence, but you can be REALLY STUPID!

It is much harder to become a doctor, psychologist, quantum physicist, surgeon, mathematician than learn a language. Mark my word!

It's so pathetic you want to seem a genius when you are clearly a stupid boaster.
The common perception is exatly what I wrote because it's the truth.
Countless scientific studies show that learning languages is extremely DIFFICULT for the 95% of people and I don't think you are in the 5% considering the countless idiocies you wrote on this forum. Learning a language has the same difficult for the jobs you said.
Learning a langauge requires A LOT of intelligence, skilfulness and memory, it is much harder than becoming a psychologist for sure!
If you can't take a degree in psychology you have to be an idiot!!!
Because it is a total useless and an idiot job! Mark my word!
You make all people laugh at you, are you happy now?
We don't need any other clown because you are more than enough here!
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:59 pm GMT
The CIA's world factbook gives Japan's literacy as 99%, China's literacy as 90.9%, Taiwan's as 96.1%, Hong Kong's as 96.9%, and Singapore's as 92.5%.

For Latin America, which of course uses only alphabetic languages, Mexico's literacy is 91%, Guatemala's is 69.1%, Honduras's is 80%, Brazil's is 88%. So it seems that, on the whole, China is more literate than Latin America. (No, I don't want to hear yet more ranting on this forum about how "Spanish is the language of the uneducated", etc. etc. I've heard it all already and I don't care.)

Of course, literacy rates are very high across the board for Europe, with many countries within the 97-99% range.

- Kef
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:06 pm GMT
<< Countless scientific studies show that learning languages is extremely DIFFICULT for the 95% of people and I don't think you are in the 5% considering the countless idiocies you wrote on this forum. Learning a language has the same difficult for the jobs you said. >>

Although I usually don't approve of what Franco says, I really don't think language learning is that hard... 95% of people do find language learning extremely difficult, I'm sure, but how many of those people stuck with it? I used to find Spanish hard to learn -- not hard to get the gist of, but difficult to understand in detail -- but then I had an epiphany and suddenly everything became easy. It's not an epic struggle from learning the first word to the last. You also eventually become fluent enough that it's not a struggle to use the language. On the other hand, being a surgeon or a mathematician is never easy, because even once you're out of school, you're always facing new and greater challenges. If you're not, you're not doing your job!

- Kef
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:56 pm GMT
Can I ask your age kef?

I have a doubt: it's funny how many people claim learning a language is pretty "easy" and THEN EVERYBODY write in his/her mothertongue here....
and it is a "Language forum" moreover.
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:29 pm GMT
Tengo 23 años y como ves yo puedo escribir en español... but I write in English because writing in Spanish only makes it harder for other people to understand the discussion, so what's the point? I'm here to learn and to teach, not to show off.

- Kef
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm GMT
<<It is much harder to become a doctor, psychologist, quantum physicist, surgeon, mathematician than learn a language. Mark my word! >>

I agree with all of those except psychologist. It's much easier to become a psychologist than it is to learn a foreign language. Maybe you meant psychiatrist.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:44 pm GMT
No both psychologist an psychiatrist are idiot job. Talk talk talk and say nothing! Say few idiot bullshit and get paid as they are saving the planet. What is the difficulty in being a psychologist? Just say BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 pm GMT
It's hard to become a psychiatrist, though, because you have to be an M.D. and thus have to go to medical school. Any moron can become a psychologist, since it is one of the easiest degrees to get.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:32 pm GMT
<<It's hard to become a psychiatrist, though, because you have to be an M.D. and thus have to go to medical school. Any moron can become a psychologist, since it is one of the easiest degrees to get.>>

The first part of your comment is true. The second part is complete hogwash. Becoming a psychologist requires getting a doctorate level degree. That is no easy task. There is a lot of brain science and neurological knowledge involved in psychology that is beyond the grasp of most people.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:52 pm GMT
That's funny. I know a practicing psychologist who only has a bachelor's degree in psychology and they're a complete idiot. Sometimes I try to talk to them about certain mental disorders and they've never even heard of them. This person knows some basics about the various brain structures, but not much.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:34 pm GMT
Go in a translation cabin and make simultaneous translation without ANY mistake and THEN tell me which task is more demanding, stressing, tiring and difficult between this job and being a "psychologist"
To be seated while saying bullshit to a person who believe each crap you say it's sooooo much more difficult
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:43 pm GMT
<<That's funny. I know a practicing psychologist who only has a bachelor's degree in psychology and they're a complete idiot. Sometimes I try to talk to them about certain mental disorders and they've never even heard of them. This person knows some basics about the various brain structures, but not much.>>

No, in the United States you need more than a Bachelor's degree to be a certified psychologist.

<<Go in a translation cabin and make simultaneous translation without ANY mistake and THEN tell me which task is more demanding, stressing, tiring and difficult between this job and being a "psychologist"
To be seated while saying bullshit to a person who believe each crap you say it's sooooo much more difficult>>

Yes, translating between languages is easy. Shut your fucking mouth.
Franco   Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 pm GMT
<<Go in a translation cabin and make simultaneous translation without ANY mistake and THEN tell me which task is more demanding, stressing, tiring and difficult between this job and being a "psychologist"
>>

That would be called PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATING or PROFESSIONAL INTERPERETING. It would not be called LEARNING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

Those are hard professions i admit which require great knowledge and education. HOWEVER, i am referring just to learning another language, as an ordinary person, not for making it a carreer.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:47 pm GMT
<<That's funny. I know a practicing psychologist who only has a bachelor's degree in psychology and they're a complete idiot. Sometimes I try to talk to them about certain mental disorders and they've never even heard of them. This person knows some basics about the various brain structures, but not much.>>

No, in the United States you need more than a Bachelor's degree to be a certified psychologist.

YOU CAN CLEAN YOUR ASS WITH THAT PAPER, WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY FOR SUCH EASY IDIOT AND USELESS JOB

To be seated while saying bullshit to a person who believe each crap you say it's sooooo much more difficult>>

Yes, translating between languages is easy. Shut your fucking mouth.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IDIOTS THINK, TRY TO AVOID SPEAKING WITH YOUR ASS
furrykef   Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:58 am GMT
Translating is easy when you're doing it with written materials... it's really NOT so easy when you're dealing with people in real-time, especially if you're expected to not make mistakes. Sometimes I read in Spanish and I find myself unable to translate what I'm reading into natural English on-the-fly, but I still understand what I'm reading. That's partly a good thing, because it means that I don't have to fall back on mentally translating to understand what is written, but it obviously means that I can't really be relied on to quickly provide a good translation.

- Kef