French or Italian, which language should I learn first?

Primo de Rivera   Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm GMT
Well, first of all I want to underline that I don't want to study they both simultaneously. I'm a native spanish speaker and apparently It is possible but I could mix they both in my mind too much. I want to concentrate on one of them and master it. Here are my taughts on the matter:

On paper French is spoken worldwide in many countries while Italian not. French is an official language in many international organizations ( I will never work at one of these, but It is a pro I suppose). France is the second european economy and to speak it is more appreciated by companies than Italian.

Italian: I really like italian operas, Italian culture and well I can't explain it but this language exercises a kind of aesthetical attraction on me while French doesn't.

To learn Italian is what really would please me but I think that If I learn French I will take the most of my time. Let me repeat that to learn they both is a discarded option since I also must study English. No matter I speak Spanish and they both are romance languages, this goal is not that easy.

Now It's your turn.
Primo de Rivera   Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:43 pm GMT
Sorry I posted it on the wrong forum.

My apologies
greg   Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:45 pm GMT
C'est pas grave. On ne compte plus les fois où l'inverse s'est produit...