The "used to" thread

Pete   Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 pm GMT
Since so many people keep starting these threads relating to "use to" and "used to", I'd suggest that people stop making all these threads and discuss everything "used to" relating here. So, if you want to talk about "used to" talk about it here, rather than making a new thread.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 pm GMT
<So, if you want to talk about "used to" talk about it here, rather than making a new thread. >

Are you a moderator, Pete?
Pete   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm GMT
<<Are you a moderator, Pete?>>

nope.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:53 pm GMT
<So, if you want to talk about "used to" talk about it here, rather than making a new thread. >

So why do you feel you can tell other posters where they can and cannot post?
Pete   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:11 pm GMT
I'm just giving advice. If you don't want to take it, go right ahead, but I do think it would be better to just have one thread relating to "used to" while than a whole bunch of multiple threads be created.
|||   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 pm GMT
Guest,

Before writing, go and check the meaning and use of "I would suggest". As far as I am concerned, Pete, your suggestion is quite good and with lots common sense.

|||
Gwest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:33 pm GMT
<I'm just giving advice. If you don't want to take it, go right ahead, but I do think it would be better to just have one thread relating to "used to" while than a whole bunch of multiple threads be created. >

I disagree. Each of those threads dealt with a different issue of use. If there were one thread to deal with all those issues, it would be hard to follow.
furrykef   Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm GMT
And yet I feel that none of those threads except the one I originally started has shed any light on anything.
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm GMT
<And yet I feel that none of those threads except the one I originally started has shed any light on anything. >

Even your contributions in them?
M56   Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 pm GMT
<And yet I feel that none of those threads except the one I originally started has shed any light on anything. >

For whom?
furrykef   Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:57 pm GMT
<< Even your contributions in them? >>

Yes.

<< For whom? >>

For anybody.
Gwest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:34 pm GMT
<<< For whom? >>

For anybody. >

Why are there so many of you here who feel you can speak for everybody? I got a lot from those threads. Go figure.