bitch

Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:48 pm GMT
Why do black people refer to each other as "nigger". Why use a derogratory term applied to you amongst yourselves. All it does is welcome others outside the group to use it. If you don't want to be called that, you shouldn't be using it. I never use any derogratory terms to refer to myself. Doing so is hypocritical and plain stupid.
Guest   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:50 pm GMT
Bitch was not bleeped out on that Jerry Springer show otherwise how I could hear it in the first place. What they bleed out on the televison are nude scenes.
Guest   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:53 pm GMT
If you say "bitch" during a presentation, or at a church you'll get odd looks.-Pete

I haven't heard this, but I am SURE this is true. Unless you are a dog breeder, I wouldn't use this. Oh sure, I even heard it on "Top Chef" from a judge asking about a role on a soap opera in a recent episode, but whenever I hear this in a professional setting, I think maybe someone missed a little, uh, home training as a child or else the person is trying to fit in or be a bit edgy. It doesn't impress me, though. It seems common without seeming comfortable.

It's okay to ask questions though, about words here. How else are you going to learn what language belongs in what setting.
K. T.   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:58 pm GMT
Bitch was not bleeped out on that Jerry Springer show otherwise how I could hear it in the first place. What they bleed out on the televison are nude scenes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aargh! You need to get your rabbit ears, Cable or Satellite set-up repaired so you kin git you some good larnin" like that there public TEE-VEE. On of these days I might'n write'em and give em a buck fer them perty coffee mugs.

Reckon I should?

K. T.
ME   Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:24 pm GMT
Nigga - a reference used by Blacks for other Blacks; used "affectionately/politically empowering" in Black "vernacular" or as a description of negative behaviors.
M56   Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:34 pm GMT
"With us it's more of a natural thing because we acknowledge and accept our African heritage,"

For Pete:

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=14508
Robin   Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:27 am GMT
"Bitch" By the Rolling Stones

(Life is a Bitch)

(m. jagger/k. richards)

Feeling so tired, cant understand it
Just had a fortnights sleep
Im feeling so tired, Im so distracted
Aint touched a thing all week

Im feeling drunk, juiced up and sloppy
Aint touched a drink all night
Im feeling hungry, cant see the reason
Just ate a horse meat pie

Yeah when you call my name
I salivate like a pavlov dog
Yeah when you lay me out
My heart is beating louder than a big bass drum, alright

Yeah, you got to mix it child
You got to fix it must be love
Its a bitch
You got to mix it child
You got to fix it but love
Its a bitch, alright

Sometimes Im sexy, move like a stud
Kicking the stall all night
Sometimes Im so shy, got to be worked on
Dont have no bark or bite, alright

Yeah when you call my name
I salivate like a pavlov dog
Yeah when you lay me out
My heart is bumpin louder than a big bass drum, alright

I said hey, yeah I feel alright now
Got to be a...
Hey, I feel alright now
Hey hey hey
Hey hey yeah...
Guest   Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:25 am GMT
<(Life is a Bitch) <

What do you think it means, there, Robin?