How to speak correct English in grammar?

Belinda   Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:04 pm GMT
I am a Taiwanese. Our countey’s education of English teaching emphasizes the skills of reading and writing in order to prepare for the examinations to attend senior high school and college. Therefore, most students in Taiwan do not have the good abilities in speaking and listening. There are several ways to train their listening, like listening English radio and watching movies and programs.
However, how do students improve and advance the abilities of speaking?
Sam Chen   Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:38 am GMT
Well, this question is so intersting that intrigued my curiosity. Either you or me is Taiwanese, so I guessed that I have the same situation with you.

The Answer is totally simple " Better to ask the way than go astray" , I think you done well on it. Furthermore, " Experience without learning is better than learning " , this one is crucially important becuase we depend some degree on our education of English. And our education taught us to memorized vocabulary only. That is why we cannot practice English like people of other country.

To conclude, " Practice makes perfect " , if you learn some grammar rule, don't be shy ,Using the rule and try not to cram it on your brain.
Guest   Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:12 am GMT
What about following "ALG method". Listen in your target for 800-1000 hours before uttering a sentence. It implies that your speaking skills will emerge like a native speaker. Early speaking or practice makes perfect is the kind of thing that prevents students from gaining native-like fluency. More parctice means reinforcing your mistakes or inventing your own language. It connotes that learn the language like a child. Patience is the key! Listening 3 hours a day for a year will achieve your goal in this program. After that, you should bother to speak.
Guest   Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:13 am GMT
* listen in your target language.....
Willow Tasi   Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:52 pm GMT
All you have to do is read more and listen more, maybe you will be little upset in the beginning; however, if you take yourself as a three-year-old kid to learn English, it's will be easier to learn English.
Forget those difficult parts of English, just do the easy English practices in daily life, such as, trying to desctibe anything you see on street or watch those disney cartoons with English subtitles. That will be helpful, and you should give it a try.

Willow Tasi, a college student from Taiwan.
elvanshalle@yahoo.com   Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:42 pm GMT
Speaking a different language takes practice if you want to be fluent. I found when I was learning Spanish (I'm a midwestern American) in order to sound correct I needed to listen to music in that language, talk in that language, and more importantly learn to think in that language. Once you can connect the mental image with the new word your speaking will be less difficult due to not having to translate every word. And don't be afraid to sing with songs you like to practice. Others may look at you strange but it will help.

Best wishes on your quest.