Minority languages? or propaganda?

Guest   Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:33 pm GMT
I have seen this map produced by a german political group (the green I think, under the name of European greens) and produced and diffused by the European union parliament, under the official purpose of promoting regional languages.

I seen some version of these maps, from 1997 until now. The number of regions considered by this organism as "minorities" as been increasing each year.

If we believe this map, it would suppose that France is just northern France (excepted historic Britanny(non-breton speaking Britany, the part of it where it have never been spoken, is included), Alsace and historic french Flanders. If we believe it it would mean that southern French are not French-speakers, or that the language there is occitan and that's it.
It suppose that Spain is just Castilla - that Galicians and Catalans are not Spanish anymore, etc...

But is that really speaking about minoritary languages and defending them as the official puropse seem to claim? Or is it spreading in the deep interior of the European union organs the weel known German idea of a so-called, self-called "ethnic" drawings of the borders?

I say that because there is one point which is VERY shoking, is that this "ethnic vision" is not only inacurate (90% of the inhabitants of the so-called Occitania have never spoke such occitan language... and are as much proudly french (maybe more) than their northerner counterparts) but it is applied to all Europe.... Except to Germany (and Italy also). The German speaking nations doesn't appear with distinctions as it should be between swiss German, High German, Low German, etc. ...
The same for Italy, as if all Italy was having the same regional languages... While we all know that much more Italians speak regional languages than French people. But on the map, no Sicilian, No Piemontese, no Venitian?? The same for Germany.

As if the objective was to Claim that Italy and Germany were two "ethnically" united nations, while the older nations of Spain, France or United Kingdom weren't... It seems heavily like a propaganda to put a united Germany, much bigger than the German state itself at the center of Europe and to divide all the other nations in a plurarity of micro-nations...

How can the EU can follow such an obvious and dangerous "ethnic" propaganda? making believing it is for saving languages?