How to say hairs in some private parts in daily life?

Cleveland   Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 pm GMT
Probably this question is little bit gross, but it's quite hard to learn these kind of stuff from the daily life, especially some lavatorial names for them, cuz it could be an embarrassing question for some tutors or friends, but I think I can find help here, hopefully >: )

Armpit hairs:

pubes:

hairs on fingers:

hairs on toes:

hairs around anus:

hairs around bellybutton:

hairs around nipples:(is there a specific name for this?)

hairs in ears: (some guys have this)

hairs in nostril:
Guest   Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:54 am GMT
hairs in ears: (some guys have this) .

Really?
DJ   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:57 am GMT
Well, hair is sometimes plural, but usually not. Individual hairs are plural. But in these cases you should say hair.

Anyway, there is no specific terminology for any of these.
Cleveland   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:07 am GMT
really? I heard a phrase called "pussy willows" from a local boy, I think it refers to female pubes, but I can't get it from the daily life, anyone help?
Uriel   Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:31 pm GMT
Armpit hairs: just called "armpit hair", really

pubes: Pubic hair is the neutral term; pubes or muff are slang terms.

hairs on fingers: no name

hairs on toes: no name

hairs around anus: part of your pubic hair, no separate name

hairs around bellybutton: the line of hair leading downward is called "the happy trail" or sometimes "the treasure trail", but that's slang

hairs around nipples:(is there a specific name for this?) nope, sorry

hairs in ears: (some guys have this): ear hair -- nothing special

hairs in nostril: nose hair

Hair is usually plural as well as singular, although "hairs" is occasionally used.
TomJimJack   Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm GMT
"Pussy willows" sounds too emotional. How about just "bush"?
Guest   Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:28 am GMT
I heard a phrase called "elephant's hairs" which I think refers to male pubes. What's the correct term?
TomJimJack   Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 pm GMT
To Cleveland:

To develop the topic, can you guess the riddle : "What is more unattractive than hairy legs of a lady?"?
Guest   Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:47 pm GMT
Enough with this thread. I am being horny.
Cleveland   Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 pm GMT
Well, I don't see it's a dirty thing, you have to think about this not in your position but ours, as a non-native speaker, you can never learn these from anyone around you! if you don't ask online, where you can get it? tell you the truth, when the local boy told me "pussy willows", I didn't know what he was talking about, after I backed home I realized that what he mentioned was pubic hair, so sorry, DJ maybe you feel uncomfortable, but I have to ask these online, really. please give your mercy to language learners, we are really not indelicate people, and because of we are decent, so we ask these kind of questions online, trust me sometimes you won't understand a lot of talk shows or movies without them.
TomJimJack   Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:06 pm GMT
Cleveland, take it easy. I am a non-native speaker too and there are no special words for hair on various parts of the body either. I translated pussy willows and elephant's hair and started to use the phrases and it was a success, especially among females! besides I guess that even some native speakers learned these phrases fromthis topic - it was you who promoted to enlarge their lexicon. so you've done a useful thing, nothing to excuse for
Guest   Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:12 pm GMT
I think that it is of bad taste to ask these questions on this forum.
TomJimJack   Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:14 pm GMT
To Guest :
"I think that it is of bad taste to ask these questions on this forum".

I can propose a more radical thing - let's prohibit these phrases at all. Maybe, hair in these parts of body will disappear too.