10 mistakes

Andrian   Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:03 pm GMT
Here a passage that contains 10 mistakes. I’ve corrected them between parentheses. Could you please go over them and check if they are correct. If there are other possible answers, would you please point them out?

THANKS in advance:)

This has been one of those days when I wish I would have stayed (had stayed) in bed. It started at 7:30 this morning when Eman called me up and asked for “a little favour.” She’s always asking me to do things for her and never wants to take any responsibility for herself. She acts as if the world owe (owes) her a living. I wish she won’t (wouldn’t) do that. Today she wanted me to take her to the mall because she had to get her mother a birthday present. I told her I had to be downtown at ten A.M for a job interview, and she said it wouldn’t take long to drive to the mall and I’d have plenty of time to get downtown. I gave in and agreed to take her; but something told me I shouldn’t (shouldn’t have). if I would have listened (had listened)to my inner voice, I might had (might have)a job today. When we were on the freeway, there was a major accident, and traffic was tied up for over an hour. By the time we got to the mall, it was ten-thirty, so I missed my job interview. I think I probably would get (would have got/gotten)the job if I would have managed (had managed) to make it to the interview because my qualifications are good. If only I would have listened (hadn’t listened)to Trudy! I just hope she never asked (will never ask) me to do something like this again, and if she does, I hope I didn’t agree (won’t agree).
Geoff_One   Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:55 pm GMT
I just hope she (Eman) will never ask me to do something like this again, and if she does, I hope I won’t agree.
Andrian   Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:44 am GMT
Geoff_One:"I just hope she (Eman) will never ask me to do something like this again, and if she does, I hope I won’t agree."

Where's the mistake there?
Uriel   Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:18 am GMT
I would say: I hope she never asks me to do something like this again, and if she does, I hope I don't agree.

Why do you switch from Eman to Trudy?
Geoff_One   Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:49 am GMT
The short answer:
I proposed the change, so that there is no impression that 'Trudy' is 'she'.

<< listened (hadn’t listened)to Trudy! I just hope she never asked (will never ask) >>
Geoff_One   Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:57 am GMT
There is still more to it:

Is it:

If only I would have listened (hadn’t listened)to Trudy!

or

If only I would have listened (had listened) to Trudy!

Yes and looking at Uriel's point - Is Eman and Trudy the same person?
Uriel   Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:54 pm GMT
I'm guessing "Eman" is "Name" backwards, as in [insert name here].
youness   Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:57 am GMT
it's true
abdou   Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:21 pm GMT
" I might have had a job today" because I missed the the occasion and it's too late now
Ozimex   Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:55 pm GMT
This has been one of those days when I wish I would have stayed (had stayed) in bed.

The correct one should be:
This has been one of those days when I wish I would have stayed in bed.

I might had (might have)a job today.

The correct one should be:
I (might have) a job today.
abc   Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:34 am GMT
>>I'm guessing "Eman" is "Name" backwards, as in [insert name here].

"Eman" is a popular female Arabic name. It also corresponds to the English word "faith."