Spanish & Occitan...

Rolando   Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:52 pm GMT
Which is more easier for someone who is a native to the Spanish language to learn

1. Occitan or
2. French or
3. Catana.....?

What is the lexical similarities beyween Spanish & Occitan...?

Thanks
Guest   Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:11 pm GMT
Occitan is in reality a set of dialects, and some of them are more easy to understand for native Spanish speakers. I would say that Valenciand and Catalan are the easiest ones for a Spanish speaker.
Guest   Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm GMT
what is catana?
Guest   Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:38 pm GMT
Catana?

I think Catalan.
Rolando   Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 pm GMT
LOL... Yes it's Catalan,
JeLèK   Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:55 am GMT
To answer the question: Catalan.

Why would anyone learn Occitan? Most of the people who know it learn it at school but don't use it in their daily life. A stark contrast to Catalan.
Guest   Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:59 am GMT
Provençal has more glamour than Catalan despite this dialect of Occitan is almost dead nowadays. Provençal is the language of the medieval trovadours.
JeLèK   Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:30 am GMT
<< Provençal has more glamour than Catalan despite this dialect of Occitan is almost dead nowadays. Provençal is the language of the medieval trovadours. >>

Keyword: medieval
Guest   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:59 pm GMT
Catalan is more influenced by Spanish than other Occitan dialects, so my answer is Occitan. Despite I've never heard Occitan, I've read the Occitan wikipedia and I find it less intelligible than the Catalan wikipedia. About French, this language is clearly more unintelligible for an Spanish speaker than Occitan-Catalan.