Could you please tell me what do you think about my accent?

Ocean   Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 am GMT
Hello everyone,

After your comments on the audio clip that i've included, I'll tell you more about me :) so .. please...If you are a native English speaker, take some time and listen to it.

This is the link
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5715597c97f9ca/

Many thanks in advance
Ocean
Guest   Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 am GMT
The accent is good but the content is stupid.
Juanito   Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 am GMT
doesn't sound American
Ocean   Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 am GMT
WM..It is seems not seams you idiot!!

Thx juanito for your comment :)
Guest   Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:12 am GMT
Your accent is clear and pleasant to listen to. Just slow down a bit and don't try to slurr your words.
Ocean   Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:22 am GMT
Thank you very much :)

I'll make sure of that.
Stephanie   Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:28 pm GMT
You are very understandable. Your accent is minimal. I could understand all of the words you said and your inflections are mostly very good.
Juanito   Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:14 pm GMT
I don't like the American accent because is boring to hear. yours is fine and rich
WM   Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 am GMT
Your page to download your audio seams weird like a virus. Besides I think you're pretending to show you're too intellectual speaking. You'd better show your context with pronunciation symbols. That way we'll know how you usually speak to step by step.
Ocean   Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:44 am GMT
Thank you Stephanie & Juanito for taking the time to listen to the clip and to tell me your point of veiw.. I really apprachate it.

WM, and El Conq..sth ... There are two kinds of people who use internet. You have those who learn, share, and leave a good impression on others and there are those who talk, talk, and talk nonsense and you are both from the second type. My advice for you is "find a time consuming hobby, you do not really need to waste money on internet for your nonsense! get a life!"

* It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.
Ocean   Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:45 am GMT
appreciate* sorry typo
Alec   Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:46 am GMT
I think your accent is definitely better than most students of English. If I spoke to you 'in the street' I wouldn't think you were a native speaker but you're very easy to understand. At some points in your speech you sound really good and almost native, but quite a few words you mispronounce which gives you away. =)

(I'm a British native speaker of English.)
wintereis   Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:13 am GMT
Your accent is clear and understandable. You mispronounced audio and invitation, but obviously I was able to understand them despite that. Beyond this, I don't think that you're accent resembles any native speaking accent--British, American, Australian or otherwise. There are British influences (e.g. Americans don't use the word "keen" in the context you used it). I would guess that you are German. Also, the way you phrase some things is not the usual phraseology of a native speaker. And though it is not incorrect, it gives you away. I don't think you should worry about this however, native speakers of English aren't picky about accents unless they can't understand you at all. We have too many accents of our own to try and sift through.
El Conquistador   Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 pm GMT
Your accent is disastrous. That ocean is not pacific. There's a tsunami.
Australian Speaker   Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:45 pm GMT
Personally, I think you have a slight Eastern European accent, not necessarily German. Although your chosen Standard is more British (therefore, European) you sound slightly more American in the way you drawl and in your "r". You speak extremely well although it doesn't sound natural and seems to be somewhat rehearsed.