spanish translations

Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am GMT
Since they make separate dubs for Latin America and Spain, do they also make separate translations of books?
Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:23 am GMT
I don't think so, usually books, movies, etc. that are translated into Spanish are done in Mexico and everyone seems to be okay by that, but the Spaniards want to have everything with their own accent, so they translate their own movies just so they'll have their Spanish accent, but I don't think they do the same with books, but again it's their country, they can do whatever they want.
Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:44 am GMT
Yeah, if you read books translated in Mexico you don't have to stand the hilarious Mexican accent, so it's fine. Only a few words change at most.
Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 am GMT
Most translated Spanish books i've read were translated by Spaniards.... escuchad, encended
Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:18 am GMT
Then indeed book are also tranlated twice, I mean no one in Mexico would stand reading "escuchad", "encended", etc. that means that Mexicans translate their own books as well and those are ones published in Latin America.
Guest   Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 am GMT
Is it possible they would make different editions depending on the country, just changing a few words and the means of address and a few other minor changes? After all, a whole different translation would be excessive since the translations would be fairly neutral without local colloquial phrases, wouldn't they?