Spelling Rules Rule by Linda Schrock Taylor

beneficii   Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:25 am GMT
http://www.lewrockwell.com/taylor/taylor143.html

These spelling rules were what I used growing up as a kid.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:19 pm GMT
What a nightmare!
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:28 pm GMT
Gosh, and English is an easy language, yeah right...
Guest   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 am GMT
Don't mess with Texas!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:48 pm GMT
Okay, our language has a terrible spelling so what?
Guest   Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:06 pm GMT
English spelling might not be as phonetic as it could be, but the rest of the language is a peice of cake, compared to most foreign languages.
Milton   Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:00 pm GMT
''but the rest of the language is a peice of cake, compared to most foreign languages.''

Not really, Going to vs Will future is a nightmare for most foreign learners of English, including myself.
Guest   Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:22 am GMT
<<Not really, Going to vs Will future is a nightmare for most foreign learners of English, including myself.>>

Surely, this "nightmare" pales in comparison with things like gramatical gender, noun cases and irregular inflections, subjunctive mood, tones, and non-alphabetic writing systems, commonly found in foreign languages.
Amabo   Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:23 am GMT
"Surely, this 'nightmare' pales in comparison with things like gramatical gender, noun cases and irregular inflections, subjunctive mood, tones, and non-alphabetic writing systems, commonly found in foreign languages."

Ah yes, those jabbering and gesticulating foreigners with their quaint, incomprehensible gibberish. Why can't they all just speak English, eh?