Poverty and accent

J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 15:04 GMT
Rupert never told us about his home page. He may have solved a theorem on semi-groups, but it can't have been 'big', not in 'The Theory of Relativity' sense of big. Why do I have a twisted mind? He made statements that were either patently false, or could be proved to be false by argument. I would love to live in a world where wrong answers are just as good as correct ones, but the world doesn't run like that. I never said that Rupert knows nothing about Theoretical Physics, indeed that is where his training is, but he does lack knowledge in other areas.

As for his well-rounded personality, that is a subjective judgement, and so is his 'beautiful' English.

I can't win anyway, I supposed I am doomed to place semi-rabid postings on this forum until the end of time. Pardon me if I don't like somebody from the first second I know of their existence. In fact most human decisions are made within a few seconds so at least I am being honest to my humanity. Anyway, how could you not defend Rupert? He helped you with your homework and impressed you with his published papers and quirky Chopin renditions. And, lets forget, he spoke French to you! Lucky girl!
J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 15:04 GMT
Shit, I think I just did it again.
Simon   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 15:19 GMT
En fait Clare, tout le monde ici sait le faire, sauf J qui est un homme qui fait semblant d'être femme et qui est en plus probablement au chômage.
J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 15:37 GMT
Simon

Why are you still spreading that ugly rumour about me? Because I don't currently have a job does that make what I say less worthy?
Simon   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 15:40 GMT
Why should a rumour that you're a man be ugly? Anyway, I was just trying to chat Clare up. Unfortunately, I can't do Chopin in the style of Eminem... Sniff.
Ahmed   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 17:54 GMT
J, why do u still nag all the way even after u got rid of the guy? just leave clare alone. u r just being mean.

clare, can i have Rupert's email and homepage?
J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 18:12 GMT
I'm sorry I never meant to attack either Clare or Rupert. I got off on the wrong foot with Rupert and things just continued. There is no reason for me to be this way with Rupert, he never said anything wrong, I have been at fault here. Perhaps I get carried away.
Clare   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 18:37 GMT
J,

I'm sorry if my message terribly disturbed you. I just think Rupert is genuinely kind to everyone and he needs absolutely no defence from me for his credibility in this forum. Whatever I add to his qualities mentioned in the previous message will just pale out his true figure. I have nothing more to say but sorry and good fortune to you. Goodbye

Ahmed,

Email me at claredupre123@hotmail.com. I'll ask Rupert, though I don't think he minds my giving them to you. You can see his photo album, too. I found it today. Also, online speech recoginition systems based on FFT. Are you also a physicist or a mathematician?
Ahmed   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 19:56 GMT
J, you know nothing about science. u keep talking rubbish. semi groups is in pure maths. Rupert proved a theorem in a different area other than physics. he is obviously smart like hell. most ppl cant even understand a thing in that area. Einstein proved nothing. he just drew a physical principle. he borrowed Riemannian geometry for relativity. how can u compare a proof in pure maths with a paradigm in physics? u know nothing. give the guy some credit. u r full of urself and a bully. Clare said nothing wrong.

Clare, im gonna email u now. i did my first degree in physics. but im an engineering graduate student.
J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 21:48 GMT
Ahmed

'Einstein proved nothing'.

Your views are somewhat leftfield. Perhaps a physics paradigm is not comparable to a proof in pure maths but perhaps has more practical applications. But who knows, perhaps Newton's Laws really didn't change the world that much?

By the way, having degree(s) makes your misogyny even worse. I would expect an uneducated Arab to be misogynistic, as is their culture, but your persistance even through education is truly awful.
Ahmed   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 10:13 GMT
J,

you have no education, no job, no qualification and keeps telling shit. im laughing my head off about your comment on newton and einstein. ever seen airplanes, cars, trains, wheelchairs and all that? why do they move? how do u design? u know nothing about newton and einstein.

no maths means no science and no technology. engineers and scientists benefit from maths. only handful people can develop this artificial language called maths. u cannot expect everyone to do everything from theory to applications.

what difference r u making to the world anyway? u do nothing and just come here and write shit. thats all u do all day. other people come here to just relax, u know. we have to work or study, something to do. but u have nothing. get a life.

who said im an arab? u judge eveyone in a flash. im not a misogynist. just read my previous messages. i said i equally respect men and women as human beings but accept their differences. thats all. u need to learn how to read. get a job, at least. theres more to do in life than just writing shit in this forum on the net 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
Ahmed   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 10:23 GMT
Clare, thanks for Ruperts email and website. i almost laughed to death. his tony blair and william hague were fab like hell and that old teacher, u know. his sisters really hot. she takes after his mother, i guess. she was hot when she was younger in that pic.
J   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 17:55 GMT
Ahmed

You have misread my post. I never doubted the usefulness of maths, but rather the usefulness of Pure Maths. There is a difference, as I am sure you know. But you wilfully misrepresent the truth in order to make point. (I ought to know know I am adept at it.)

I have an education, and qualifications, and currently attend college. Perhaps my knowledge of physics is not at all great, but luckily for me this is an english forum, not a physics one.

I make as much difference to the world as you do Ahmed, and I come here while using the internet for other things. You tell me to get a job, well done, that is what people do, and so am I. You don't know anything about the job market where I live, or the jobs I have either applied for or am waiting for a reply from. Perhaps when you are unemployed someone will offer you such good advice as 'get a job'.

I assume you are an Arab because you have an Arabic name, is that such a 'flash' judgement? And you are a misogynist, don't try to deny it. You seek to make your views sound logical by saying we should 'respect men and women's differences'. But your prejudice about the ability of women to learn and be educated would not even allow them to try. Are women bound to be second-class citizens forever just because you believe they are too emotional and nagging to make a valuable and lasting contribution to society outside of their traditional gender roles? How many women are at the university you attend? Perhaps you would like to share your views with them, in real life, where you do not have the safety of anonymity? I hope no women is so unlucky to marry you, and no girl is so unfortunate to be born into your family.
Clare   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 18:22 GMT
Ahmed,

Thanks for your email and pic. I cannot stop laughing. I never thought you played the violin though. You should check out Rupert's collection II as well. I actually don't know half of the people in that but the rest I can recognise are hilarious. Yes, Rupert’s mother and sister are both very beautiful. There are links to both people's homepages, too.
Ahmed   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 18:48 GMT
Clare, im laughing my ass off. this is unbelievable! its killing me, u know. lol. hey, Clare, video at 9:30pm with Rupert, ok? gotta run. c ya.

J, u r talking shit as usual. ur message embarasses many who know pure maths. just stop it there. i cannot go down to ur level to explain now cause gotta run soon. come back after u find a menial job in ur poor ghetto with ur great "college" qualification and attitude. lol. u r just unemplyed and stressed making no difference to the world. u like to criticize others who r making a diff. what a waste. enjoy posting messages.