About "science"

mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:21 GMT
From the Cambridge Dictionary:

CREATURE: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=18142&dict=CALD

CREATION: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=18126&dict=CALD

Other than for a good laugh now and then, I'd advise everyone to pay no mind to anything Willy/Emmanuel/Geoffrey Chaucer/William Shakespeare says.
Emmanuel   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:22 GMT
When someone says "I am an ignoramus (ig-n@-'ray m-@s), in pl. ignoramuses, I just think that person does not speak English. He reads dummy dictionary.

Hear that in English from Latin: I ignore as I am a "we ignore." It's English, not Spanish, Latin, etc. It's a different white datum.
Jim   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:24 GMT
"You're a guesser." I think everyone is a guesser. If you're not a guesser then you'd probably be very dull indeed.

"I have that dictionary but about some words I am disagreed."

Try: "I have that dictionary but about some of its definitions I disagree."

So you reserve the right to disagree with a dictionary but when I challange one I'm wrong?

Which dictionary do you have? I guess it's the Texto Editora Portuguese Dictionary for the other two are online ones.

"Creatures in creation is not written in that book." I don't quite understand.

"I consider that dictionary as a headache disease."

Try: "I consider that dictionary a headache."
mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:27 GMT
Once again....English is not Latin. "Ignoramus" may have come from the Latin "we do not know", but in English it's a noun used to describe an ignorant person.

The sentence "I am/He is/She is (etc.) an ignoramus" is fine.
Jim   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:29 GMT
Yes, you are a good laugh, Willy. What you're uncovering here is the fact that the same word can mean two different things in two different languages. As you learn more English you'll probably find more examples of this. English is not Latin. What's a white datum?
Emmanuel   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:30 GMT
Creatures in Creation is a foolish Enlgish poem.

It's 3:28 PM. I'm going to sleep. Bye-bye!

I will dream that they are learning English but I don't need to, because I already speak it.
mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:30 GMT
The Texto Editora Portuguese Dictionary is available online as well. I just used it to show how Willy was attempting to make English a Romance language....it's futile, Willy.
mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:32 GMT
Well, if he's looking for poetry in a dictionary (other than to find out the meaning of words) it's no wonder he's confused.
Richard   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:37 GMT
Willy is an idiot but Emmanuel accepts the reality better than these people discussing against him. It's definitely a plot shit. Emmanuel is not confused.

When you read a poem you find it everywhere where the writers want to write it. So what? In poems writers use imagination with simile, metaphor, hyperbole, exaggeration, etc...
mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:43 GMT
If you say so, Willy.
Jim   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:47 GMT
Who goes to sleep at half past three in the afternoon?

Richard,

Perhaps you haven't realised that Emmanuel is Willy. Then, on the other perhaps you are Willy too. It wouldn't surprise me. In fact I get the feeling that you probably are.

Emmanuel does not accept any reality. He pretends not to be Willy. He pretends to be a native speaker. It's some warped reality he's accepting it he really believes this.

What's a "plot shit"? Are you sure you aren't Willy? Willy Emmanuel is quite confused.
Jim   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:51 GMT
Typo: Then, on the other hand, perhaps you are Willy too.

Yeah, it sure seems Willy's style. Change you name and write something to back up what you've written in another name. The thing is that because you're not native speaker we all can see right through it: all the same mistakes and oddities.

Only this time there's a twist: Willy's pretended to be going to bed first ... Oh! You've really fooled us this time.

Gees, I love a good laugh.
mjd   Monday, June 07, 2004, 07:58 GMT
You see...we've been thoroughly entertained by our old friend Willy and managed to stay on track and discuss languages. It's great when it all works out.

Incidentally, much of what Willy writes is nothing other than direct translation of Spanish into English (almost as if it had been run through one of those search engine translators)...thus it appears so confusing and mixed up.
Emmanuel   Monday, June 07, 2004, 21:59 GMT
You don't know that I went to take a nap a 3:28 PM. Is it a bad? I was just tired about ignorant things of you all. How many times do I have to say that I am not Willy. It's just to make comparisons of someone else.

I don't know who's Richard, but thanks buddy!
Richard   Monday, June 07, 2004, 22:02 GMT
To all, Just to let you know, That Richard that posted up there is not this Richard, The one that's shown a spelling reform proposal on this forum a few months ago.