Spelling Reform Thread

Jim   Friday, June 25, 2004, 04:25 GMT
"strange" not "atrange".

Yeah, working in it but I still can say how things should be at this point of developement, e.g.

"When whiet whisky whirlz."
Inglish Respelling   Friday, June 25, 2004, 04:25 GMT
Yeah, it does look strange.

Anyway,

I'm using hw/w for [{h}w]

I'm also using ''gn'', ''kn'', ''wr'', and ''gh'' that show some Scottish distinction pronunciations.

gn-[(g)n]-gnat, gnarl, gnash, gnu, gnome
kn-[(k)n]-know, knot, knock, knee, knight, knife
dd-tied, allowed
wr-[(v)r]-write, wrap, wrong, wreck, wrought
gh-[(K)] night, high, light, thought, caught, through, right, fight
hw/w-white, whine

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Oh, Jim, do you know how most sentences actually come out in your system at the moment? Aren't you working on adding the distinctions listed on page two of the other thread http://www.antimoon.com/forum/2004/4907-2.htm ? So, if that's so, you wouldn't be sure how all sentences come out in your system at the moment because you're working on the distinctions listed on the other thread http://www.antimoon.com/forum/2004/4907-2.htm .

whether = hw/wether = hw-weather
Inglish Respelling   Friday, June 25, 2004, 22:38 GMT
''Yeah, I'm using hw/w for [{h}w]''

I'm also using ''gn'', ''kn'', ''dd'', ''wr'', and ''gh'' that show some Scottish distinction pronunciations.

gn-[(g)n]-gnat, gnarl, gnash, gnu, gnome
dd-tied, allowed
hw/w-white, whine

Jim, how does this sentence come out in your system. Here's how it comes out in my,

They were going to get some meat to cook in their oven but then they had to meet the other cooks.

''Dhai wur goaing too get sum meat too kuuk in dhair uvyn but then dhai had too meet dha uthur kuuks.

The boss will hire you and give you a higher paycheck.

''Dha bos wil hier ue and giv ue a hiyer paichek.

They don't know what happened to the tie they tied.

''Dhai doan't knoe hw/wut hapynd too dha tie dhai tiedd.''

This is how I guess they come out in your system,

''Dha bos wil hier yuu and giv yuu a hiyer paichek''

''Dhai wur goaing tuu get sum tuu kook in dhair uvun but then dhai had too meet dha uther kooks.

''Dhai doan't knoe whut hapynd tuu dha tie dhai tiedd.''
Loch   Friday, June 25, 2004, 22:51 GMT
Inglish Respeling writes- ''I'm also using ''gn'', ''kn'', ''dd'', ''wr'', and ''gh'' that show some Scottish distinction pronunciations.''

''gn-[(g)n]-gnat, gnarl, gnash, gnu, gnome
dd-tied, allowed
hw/w-white, whine''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Inglish Respeling, if your using ''hw/w'' you should be consistant and also use ''kn/n'', ''gn/n'', ''dd/d'', ''wr/r'', and ''gh/'' for your ''kn'', ''gn'', ''dd'', ''wr'' and ''gh''.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

How ugly do you think this sentence looks,

Where are they going and when and do they know about the rain that's coming and who tied the knot in that thing and they wrote down the wrong number and saw a gnu in their backyard.

Spelled like this,

''Hw/weir ar dhai goaing and hw/wen and doo dhai kn/noe ybout dha rain that's kuming and hoo tiedd/d dha kn/not in dhat thing and dhai wr/roat doun dha wr/rong number and sau a gn/noo in dhair bakyard.''