Andorra

Français et catalan!   Monday, January 10, 2005, 09:33 GMT
I am catalan from France and i do not have any problem about my french passport. I don't want to be spanish or catalan or something else.
If Llivia is occitan speaker so it belongs to Occitania so it belongs to France. Provence, Languedoc were in the french kingdom since a very longtime.

Pour finir, thank you but we don't want catholic religion in Europe because the spanish want it! Shame on Spain.

It reminds me the Middle ages history, when the neighboor fight against his neighboor...
stunned   Monday, January 10, 2005, 11:11 GMT
Middle Ages????????????????????. Remember Napoleon
la bourboule ben de chez nous autres   Monday, January 10, 2005, 11:18 GMT
Napoleon reenforced the french identity, there has not been any war between our great Napoleon who was corsican. So, the corsicans helped us to be more french than in the past. Italy has its own flag and own identity because of Napoleon. Every culture has its own invador, Cromwell for english (do i have to remind you he was irish?), spanish, portuguese, italian, germans.

France is a proud country and no one will tell how to do its politic inside the country. Long life to France (even if i am not french)
.   Monday, January 10, 2005, 12:40 GMT
Under all your pseudo-names, you keep using the word "politic". It's not a noun!
WeeScottishDevil   Monday, January 10, 2005, 12:42 GMT
Thanks for the information, so how do you write it?
Miquel   Monday, January 10, 2005, 16:40 GMT

À Français et Catalan,

S'il te plaît, arrête de déconner. Tu n'es pas catalan. Tu ne fais que de mélanger des idées. Très, très français... c'est-à-dire borné.
Toasté   Monday, January 10, 2005, 16:46 GMT
TO MR. ".", who accuses other people of using pseudonymns but does not identify himself (shame on you).

The term 'Politic' is obviously being used by a native French speaker.

The French term for "policy" is "politique", which retranslates into English either as policy or political. It is a simple confusion that many people can make.

I would like to see you write perfectly in a non-native language.
Harvey   Monday, January 10, 2005, 17:22 GMT
By the way the word politic can be used as a noun, but not in the context used in the earlier postings.

In political science, a politic is a term that can be substituted for state or government. It's used very infrequently, but it can be used.
.   Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 00:07 GMT
Toasté, why should I with these cheap dialogues between our French correspondants, many of them changing names as often as their messages? The equivalent for the French "politique" in this context is "politics" or "policies". I don't need to write perfectly in a non-native language to point out someone is using multiple names, solely by their language use, to advance idiotic views. And by the way "politic" is not a noun, it's an adjective.
Harvey   Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 19:31 GMT
Oops. You're right, politic is an adjective. The noun is actually polity. My bad.
lester   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 10:20 GMT
Yes, he is right
Harvey   Thursday, January 13, 2005, 17:55 GMT
Is there an independence movement in Catalonia or are they relatively content to be in Spain?

Do many people outside of the Catalan areas learn the language in Spain?