Do American boys find the english accent atractive?

Frances   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 09:37 GMT
Tiffany - sorry to the fact that I said dobro also meant good in Romanian like Slavic languages. I know there are a lot of Slavic loanwords in Romanian - just can't remember which ones!
american nic   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 20:53 GMT
I have been brainwashed by culture to associate southern accents with stupid hicks (my childhood dentist is from Tennessee; dentist visits are scary but with that dude's accent...it was tough), but not all southern accents are created equal. To me, someone with a Texan accent has to be either dumb (Jessica Simpson's from there, and a certain couple of presidents...) or must be an intelligent businessperson. I find the Louisiana accent to sound 'stupid', but I still like it. All the accents from Kentucky south sound stupid and unattractive, and I feel the same about accents from Georgia to North Carolina as I do about Louisiana's (except for Charleston's - group that in with Virginia's). Virginia is a lone exception in that I don't like it, but I find it sounds sophisticated and intelligent.
Lazar   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:07 GMT
I like listening to Southern accents because they sound quaint and because I love to hear any strong regional accent. NOT that I am a big fan of the South in general, though.