The Longest German Thread Ever

Kleines Engelchen   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:13 pm GMT
Why do you study German?
Colette von dem Vaterland   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:43 pm GMT
Family reasons, culture, history, sounds good.
Colette von dem Vaterland   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 pm GMT
P.S. If Brennus gets wind of this thread it will be kaputt.

No worries, we can continue it at Langwelt is necessary...
Skippy   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:25 pm GMT
Because German girls are more attractive to me than French girls. Die deutsche Maedchen sehen sehr gut aus.

And also I like Germans better, they're friendlier (in my experience). I find German history more interesting. I like their food. I like their beer. Even their wine... I like their wine...
Colette von dem Vaterland   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 pm GMT
Hi Skippy,

I love the way German men look, too -- so gleichfalls, aber umgekehrt :)

I've dated a Frenchman once, but I agree that the Germans are way more attractive in general.

Are you German-American as well?

Colette
Franzette von der Wurstel   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:04 am GMT
Finding German sounding good.... this explain a lot of things!!
Even a deaf can say it about the most ugly European language.
Finding Germans attractive.... have you just came back from Oktoberfest?!
On men I can say sometimes yes, but girls!! They are attractive like water closets and when they are not drunk....
Guest   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:09 am GMT
ROFL! Water closests! Hahaha that's perfect. I've never seen a good looking German girl in my life.
German Chicks Are Hot   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:23 am GMT
That's why so many models are German, right? Heidi Klum, Julia Stegner, Claudia Schiffer, Gisele Bündchen (both parents are German), Diane Kruger, Nadja Auermann... duh

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fnpGxezVCF8/Rsu2HQtDs0I/AAAAAAAACZk/taZU2iJWjKw/s1600-h/VogueGermany.jpg
German   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:28 am GMT
"I've never seen a good looking German girl in my life."

I bet you get stiff for this German girl:

http://cfs9.blog.daum.net/image/12/blog/2007/06/29/09/32/468453018ccf3&filename=3.jpg
Skippy   Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:53 am GMT
I'm mostly German with a healthy dose of Scottish. That may have something to do with it... But yeah, I'm actually thinking more of the typical German girl you would see on the street being more attractive than the typical French girl... If you start comparing models and celebrities, it could go back and forth forever :-P
Colette von Deutschland   Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:00 am GMT
Hi Skippy, same here! My German grandpa's mother was Scottish. I am mostly German, French, and Scottish with little bits of English and Danish thrown in. So all Germanic except for the French part, but when I was over there most of them kept insisting they were not "Latin" because, after all, their whole country is named after a Germanic people. But that's another topic... When I lived in France it was strange because they all thought I was from Germany and said I had a German accent when I spoke French even though I am American! That always puzzled me... I learned French before I learned German... but then I learned German and went back to French. I think I started putting verbs at the end when I went back to French -- and of course, I am fairly tall like a German -- i.e., I am about the same height as a normal Frenchman or a short American/German/English man. ;) French people make you feel very tall!
Colette   Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 am GMT
Oops, and of course Celtic... I guess French people are like a mix of Celtic, Germanic, and Latin peoples with a Latin language.
Skippy   Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 am GMT
lol I did three years of French in high school and my teacher my third year told me I spoke with a German accent. I can't even impersonate a German accent in English, so I don't know what she was talking about.

I'm only 5'8'' so, yes, I enjoyed my time in France lol
Guest   Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:12 am GMT
hahah, I wonder how it sounds like, speaking French with a German accent
Guest   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:14 pm GMT
The German women are ugly as hell. They don't even know that women are assumed to shave their armpits. When I told this to a German woman she was shocked and told me that in Germany women's armpits are considered very attractive. Cultural differences I guess.