The Longest German Thread Ever

Herr Wunderbar   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:28 am GMT
<<Haha ha ha ha. The French were never worthy of entering the Latin Club. The French would much happier enter the Arabian club than Latin club. Good luck to them, then, happy Sharia law!>>

Ha ha...Very true, however, who of the "Latin Brotherhood" has a hefty bit of Arabic influence -- do the Moors ring a bell?
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:38 am GMT
The French have: they have 15 millions of Arabic influence.
Herr Wunderbar   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 am GMT
>>The French have: they have 15 millions of Arabic influence.>>

Yes, the French will soon replace French with Arabic as their official language.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 am GMT
Good for them.
Girl Mary   Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 am GMT
Er hat im Bett geblippen.
greg   Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:11 am GMT
Un jour il faudra muséifier cette discussion en anglais intitulée « Le plus grand salon allemand », dont l'essentiel est un catalogue de clichés sur la France dressé par des ignares.

Les propriétaires d'Antimoon devraient vite déposer un brevet : ils seront bientôt riches.
Theodor Mommsen   Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 am GMT
Colette Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:25 am GMT
<<My impression was that the French always identify themselves with the Gauls (Celtic) when in reality, they are more Latin.>>

Hi Skippy, this was also my impression when I went over there -- they get royally pissed off if you lump them as "Latin," as I made the mistake of doing. The Asterix stuff is still alive and well over there! I think JLK is right that they are just themselves -- and they would have it no other way.
________________________________-

It is true that "The Asterix stuff is still alive and well over there!", at least in the heads of the leading caste. "Nos ancestres les Gaulois" is still a reality to them, and I understand their problem: being made of a mixed German/Roman/Celtic/Mediterranian/Nordic folk, speaking a pseudo-Latin mixed language with Germanic and Latin elements it is essential to cunstruct a nation-building myth to glue people together.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:25 pm GMT
It's true: French are not Latin, they are African by now!!
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:59 pm GMT
I am speechless! How can people without any knowledge of history or whatever (but only with the brain stuffed of inexistent foolishness) speak about things they don't know?
Without offence: American don't even know their country, how can they talk about a so complex reality of Europe? You have not the slightest idea of the complexity of Europe history so don't try to give "explanations" basing on the 3 pages of history you read on the school book.
Everytime there is some new foolishness!
France has nothing "different" from the other European countries, we are not from Mars, but from Europe.
The things you wrote are only inventions to meet your mental vision of teh reality and to find a reason to justify it.
Italy, Spain and Portugal have not any "sisterhood",if it's not true for Spain and Portugal which are closed let alone for Italy which is much more far away. They don't share geographical proximity and they don't share a common culture, or at least not more common than with the French one. Italy has not very much to do with Spain and less than ever with Portugal!!! This is not a subjective judgement like yours: it's simple history. Portugal and Italy never met in all history! Nobody knows where this "sisterhood" comes from.
Italy and France are sister-nations till the Charle Magne empire, they were very close for centuries, they influenced one another in an indissoluble way and there is not any other country they can couple with better. Many important Frenchmen were Italian and France occupied northern Italy. The northern dialects are phonetically almost equal to French. They are close in culture, language, architecture, climate, geography, history, influences etc.
When we can read serious posts on this forum and not only from zealots or new American "racial theories"?
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:12 pm GMT
Of course Italy has very much to do with Spain. You say that the Americans don't know about the European history but you seem to ignore that Spain occupied Southern Italy and northern enclaves like Milan for centuries and that lead inevitably to cultural exchanges. Also, during the age of discoveries many Italians went to Seville since it was very prosper thanks to the commerce with the New World. As subjects of the Spanish Crown those Italians were allowed to travel freely to America but many of them installed permanently in Seville. Nowadays it's not uncommon to find people with Italian surnames.
Colette   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 pm GMT
<<Un jour il faudra muséifier cette discussion en anglais intitulée « Le plus grand salon allemand », dont l'essentiel est un catalogue de clichés sur la France dressé par des ignares.

Les propriétaires d'Antimoon devraient vite déposer un brevet : ils seront bientôt riches.>>

That's because the only way a German thread won't get killed around here is if it's not about German. C'est ironique, quoi...
Girl Mary   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm GMT
---Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:14 pm GMT

The German women are ugly as hell.---

Don't worry; they probably aren't interested in you anyway.