language of democracy?

Guest   Wed May 07, 2008 8:25 pm GMT
Holly macaroni, freaking out a bit...who made that vid?
The American populism, and the Flag worshipers are just like the Nazis

Striking similarities! shit!
European   Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 pm GMT
"Your global Image is everything but democratic"

Well, I must agree with that. The US image abroad is very unfavorable, When we think of America we think about Extreme Capitalism, and yeas that correct, but never as a Democratic example!

We all know about the Fraudulent elections and Bush's brother
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAV87X5keQ0
They forgot to add the 15th sign of Fascism. BUSH
Guest   Wed May 07, 2008 9:00 pm GMT
<<14 signs of fascism-The USA turning into a fascist country? >>

A 15th sign - heredetary rulers. Bush I, Clinton I, Bush II, and Clinton II (perhaps in 2012? or perhaps as Vice President?). Of course, Jeb and Chelsea are also waiting in the wings. :)
Guest   Wed May 07, 2008 9:08 pm GMT
<<The US image abroad is very unfavorable>>

Actually, this is a good thing. We need to better publicize this unfavorable image to the folks south of the border who keep coming here, in the hopes of a better life. If they knew what they were really getting into, perhaps they'd stay in their own countries.

Once they get here, perhaps we could offer them free passage to some utopian destination in Europe (Spain might be a good choice for most of them, or perhaps France for Haitians).
Spaniard   Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 am GMT
We prefer the south Americans to migrate to US, so we don't have to pay their social security and also they spread Spanish in US, it's a win-win strategy-. Go, Mexicans, go to US and reproduce fast. Hihi.
Guest   Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 am GMT
"Ya'll will continue to hate the US and I'll continue to love it"
This has nothing to do with love/hate relationship. You can love your COUNTRY, but you can not love your GOVERNMENT. You have to be critical of ANY government, or they'll fuck you stupid.
Guest   Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 am GMT
<<You can love your COUNTRY, but you can not love your GOVERNMENT>

I thought one of the differences between the US and Europe (Canada, too) was that the United Statians don't trust their government, while most Europeans trust their governments enough to provide everything for them?

Example: In Europe (many countries anyway) the government is trusted well enough to provide medical service. In the US, we worry that a National Health Service would end up losing huge sums of money to bureaucracy and corruption, and would provide little useful medical care at all.
Guest   Thu May 08, 2008 6:07 pm GMT
We had this^ discussion before. I was simply pointing out how inappropriate is Skippy's statement: "Ya'll will continue to hate the US and I'll continue to love it". I don't hate US and I don't love my government. I'm critical to everything 'cause nothing behoves a man.
George Bush   Thu May 08, 2008 6:21 pm GMT
Of course my people don't trust me
By the way I'm going to spend another $1000 bilions to bring peace and democracy - to Iran
National security is in danger !
The latest CIA reports show that Osama is in Iran
Iran also is preparing to invade Israel !
If we don't bomb them now then US will succumb under their attack !
Iran also has weapons of mass destruction (no doubt about this, if you don't believe me look on CNN)
Entire World is threatened by Iranian menace !
Also people of Iran ask for our HELP ! They want FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY !
Watch CNN for further details.
Entendido   Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 am GMT
A Spanish speaking country -Spain- has some of the most democratic ideals. They have given equal rights to same-sex couples, not just state rights -or provincial rights- but federal rights. That's a dream right now for gay men and women living in the U.S. Canada, South Africa and some other EU countries have those rights. ¡Que viva Zapatero!
Guest   Fri May 09, 2008 12:12 am GMT
Spain is an interesting country if you are a thief, a terrorist a poor inmigrant or a gay, but for Spanish, hetersexual, catholic , white and hardworking people, the government of Mr ZP represents a direct threat .The Spanish can't trust Zapatero.
Entendido   Fri May 09, 2008 12:20 am GMT
Pues el señor Zapatero es el primer ministro lo que indica que el español promedio lo puso en el poder. Afortunadamente la iglesia católica ha perdido influencia y no es de extrañarse. España no olvida quienes fueron los aliados de Franco.
JLK   Fri May 09, 2008 2:35 am GMT
As an American/Englishman, I confess bias, but if there is a language of democracy I think it would be English. America was really the first nation to embrace democratic ideals in modern times. We are a far from perfect nation, but we value freedom like none other.
Opressee   Fri May 09, 2008 4:56 am GMT
<<America was really the first nation to embrace democratic ideals in modern times. We are a far from perfect nation, but we value freedom like none other. >>

I think it's already been well established in this thread that the US is a totalitarian dictatorship -- a police state where the population is kept under control by widespread torture, state kidnappings (arrests), and genocide against minorities (capital punishment), slavery, and ruthless military operations against dissident groups (Waco). In addition, the government is in cahoots with "Big Food", to conjure up tempting and addictive junk food, so as to keep the general population (especially the poor) so obese as to be docile. Phony elections are staged every so often to give the illusion of democracy. Besides being irrelevant, the popular vote counts are of course rigged by the powers that be, to ensure victory for the right candidates.

If you're looking for real democracy, you'll have to look elsewhere. Perhaps, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Somalia or even Uzbekistan, would serve as better examples.
Guest   Fri May 09, 2008 5:50 am GMT
>>US is a totalitarian dictatorship-- a police state<<

that's what it is

>>where the population is kept under control by widespread torture<<

No one said that. The population is kept under control by TV propaganda/brainwashing and by its ignorance - in fact extremely similar with nazi Germany who also used more propaganda than guns. Also bear in mind that a healty dictature has few or no dissidents. In most of the cases people aren't aware that they live in a dictature unless the condition of living is worsening. When everything seems fine they prefer to live on panis et circus.

>>Phony elections are staged every so often to give the illusion of democracy. Besides being irrelevant, the popular vote counts are of course rigged by the powers that be, to ensure victory for the right candidates. <<

It's true. Look at the last elections - Gore had more votes.

>>If you're looking for real democracy, you'll have to look elsewhere. Perhaps, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Somalia or even Uzbekistan, would serve as better examples.<<

Do you think that a dictature MUST bring poverty ? Hitler raised Germany from poverty to world power in no more than 5 years !