does American English sound like Irish English?

Uriel   Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:04 am GMT
Who said Americans hate the English? We usually like them just fine. They don't generally like us as much....
Mark   Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:57 pm GMT
Quote:

I think they´re a little similar
And I have also heard many people say that

I think so.
Mark   Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:59 pm GMT
Quote:

I think they´re a little similar
And I have also heard many people say that

I think so.
User   Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:28 pm GMT
>> Who said Americans hate the English? We usually like them just fine. They don't generally like us as much.... <<

Considering that if you asked any random American who our allies are, most would list the UK first. In this forum, there is certainly some anti-English sentiment--but that's just this forum. People are just joking around mostly. In real life, I don't know a single American (really!) that has any sort of anti-English sentiments. In fact, the UK, is one of the only countries that we Americans have any affinity for, anyway. We certainly don't percieve some sort of "special relationship" or connection with France, or Germany, or Italy, or whatever. So, to say that there is some American hatred for the English, is absolutely ludicrous. Now, they may have some hatred towards us from the British, possibly. But, most Americans haven't even been to England, so they wouldn't know (it's a long plane ride, you know). Even if there were, somehow, I don't think we Americans would care too terribly much.
User   Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:29 pm GMT
correction: Now, they may have some hatred towards us from the British, possibly -> Now, the British might have some hatred towards us, possibly.
Guest   Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:28 pm GMT
User, you are right. The word friendship does not exit in Americans' vocabulary. No matter how British people favour you in your wrong doings world wide they would not get any sympathy from you guys. All you care about is capturing people's natural resources and taking their lives and filling your pockets with money. You guys have no feelings for human lives and morality. Your above post is a prime example of this. Arrogance is ingrained in your personality. Take some time off and do some soul searching...
biffa   Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm GMT
Guest - would you like a tissue since you're having such a wank?
Uriel   Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:21 am GMT
The word "friendship" has certainly never exited my vocabulary. It's still right there.
lol   Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:06 am GMT
are you kidding me my grandfather came from Cork ireland .........

and he had the EXACT sterotype of an irish accent

Top of the mourin to ya lad

you can not only tell a differrce it UMMMM sounds almost 100 percent different ...........to me British english is way easier to understand

but AGAIN thats just me

im talking the mid western accent ...........the CNN style accent ........not a southern or spanish influenced one
User   Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:48 am GMT
>> im talking the mid western accent ...........the CNN style accent <<

Oh believe me, they're not the same thing...
Bridget   Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:02 pm GMT
"Excuse me".Ireland and america did not deffinalty not go 2 war :S,what the hell i am irish and live in america and everyone is america loves irish people..so yea get you'r facts right befor you do a bigggg blog like this u dick head man who do you think you are!!and irish accent sounds pure american not english,not scottish,not welsh or any of that shit..it sounds pure american,NO diffrence so yea think before what you say i am irish every single day:D so i know about my country i know everything about it i love irish accent and so does every one,this blogs pure bull shit!!!and everything i say is true i know!!...;)

- Bridget

And if you want to see pictures of me go to : www.profilepic.com/pwincess_ my pics are there,and in my album aswell..

xox.
Wth   Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:07 pm GMT
Shut up bridget u chat deep shit man LOL
Bridget   Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:18 pm GMT
YOU SHUT UP !!!!
Brooke   Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:19 pm GMT
www.profilepic.com/miss_ireland iriiiiish is the best accent going so yeah.....
User   Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:24 pm GMT
Certain dialects of Hiberno-English certainly sound very similar to General American--with the rhotic r, vowel mergers that are similar to those in NAE dialects. Some North American dialects in Atlantic Canada sound very similar as well to Irish-English