Spanish speaking celebrities

Biraq O'bummer   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 pm GMT
yo no soy marinero soy capitan, soy capitan, soy capitaaan! vaailaa-la-vamvaaa, vaai-laa-la-vamvaaa
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 am GMT
por ti sere, por ti sere.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:37 am GMT
<<Barack Obama?>>

If McCain also speaks Spanish, maybe we'll get at least one presidential debate in Spanish this time, like they sometimes do in Canada (in French). That ought to be interesting.
K. T.   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:22 am GMT
I wasn't aware that Barack Obama speaks Spanish. He does advocate that children learn Spanish. His reasoning is that Europeans speak so many languages...

He learned some Indonesian when he was a child there. How well he learned it is unclear.

I would not hold my breath for a debate in Spanish. Just because someone speaks Spanish does not mean that they can debate in the language.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am GMT
Jesus Christ speaks a little bit of Spanish. He picked it up while in the Merchant Marines.
safety pin   Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:07 am GMT
CHRISTINA AGUILERA.

and Jessica Alba does not speak any Spanish at all, despite being of Mexican heritage.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 am GMT
Jessica Alba speaks a basic Spanish too.

I can add more people that speak Spanish: Robert Redford, Natalie Portman, Christopher Lee, Penelope Cruz, Peter Ustinov, Madonna, Dolph Lundgren, Peter Coyote, Masayori Oka, Andrew Divoff, Julio Iglesias, George Takei (Star Trek), Nana Mouskouri, Lance Amstrong, Robert Duvall, Candela Ferro, etc.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 am GMT
Shut up because that link was recently made out of envious to the "French speaking celebrities" thread. Again, I noticed that it was made by hispanic fanatics whose "Spanish speaking celebrities" blog is full of lies just like their heads full of lice.

The site was unreliable unlike www.about.com which was made along time ago and by English speaking people.

Anthony Quinn, Raquel Welch, and Bud Spencer do not speak Spanish but had dialogues in Spanish in some of their movies and that does not make them hispanophone.

Instituto Cervantes is doing all it can to market its Spanish language school. That school is running out of enrolees so that's why it's now relying on black propaganda tactic against other languages.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm GMT
<<no longer know what The site was unreliable unlike www.about.com which was made along time ago and by English speaking people.>>

Then accepts what David Graddol English men, said. Again, English men. Or that happens, you just accept what you like?

"If left to themselves, such trends will diminish the relative strength of the English language in international education markets as the demand for educational resources in languages, such as Spanish, Arabic or Mandarin grows"

"Mandarin and Spanish are challenging English in some territories for educational resources and policy attention."

"While English isn’t becoming any less important on the Internet, other languages, such as Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese, are becoming comparatively more important."

"English is no longer the ‘only show in town’. Other languages now challenge the dominance of English in some regions. Mandarin and Spanish, especially, have become sufficiently important to be influencing national policy priorities in some countries."

MANDARIN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE In many Asian countries, in Europe and the USA, Mandarin has emerged as the new must-have language. The rush towards learning Mandarin in South Korea, for example, is reminiscent of the enthusiasm for English only a few years ago. The Chinese government now actively supports the growing interest worldwide in learning Chinese as a foreign or second language through a worldwide network of ‘Confucius Institutes’, the first of which was set up in
November 2004 in Seoul, South Korea. Others are now open in Stockholm, Perth, Nairobi, and Washington. An estimated 30 million people are already studying Mandarin worldwide and the Chinese government expects this to rise to around 100 million in the next few years. In several countries, the first wave of Mandarin learners comes from local ethnic Chinese communities, whose heritage language is often one of the other Chinese languages, such as Cantonese. In many Asian countries, there is a sense of urgency about the need to acquire Mandarin because of the rapidly growing economic importance of China. South Korea, for example, now trades more with China than with the USA.

THE RISE OF SPANISH
Brazil, one of the most important new economies outside India and China, passed a law in July 2005 requiring all secondary schools in the country to offer Spanish courses, allowing students to choose it as an alternative to English. A shortage is expected in both teachers and textbooks as Spanish is offered to over 9 million Brazilian secondary students. The growing importance of Spanish is apparent in other parts of South America. Trinidad and Tobago declared in 2005 that it aspired to become a Spanish-speaking country by 2020, setting a target of having at least 30% of public employees to be proficient within 5 years. Ironically, Trinidad and Tobago has been a popular study destination for Venezuelans learning English, but the language trade may now reverse with a shortage of qualified Spanish teachers on the islands.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/learning-research-english-next.pdf
Skippy   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm GMT
Obama has said that, although he knew some Indonesian as a child, he can't speak it at all anymore. And I know he has advocated learning Spanish, but that hardly means he speaks it himself.

Either way, I doubt he or McCain know Spanish well enough to conduct an entire debate in it.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 pm GMT
No mention for French in the English next report

No place for French in the twenty-first century
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 pm GMT
OK. You can add Jimmy Carter (ex-president of USA), Henry Fonda, Gisele Bundchen, the Princess of Netherlands, Putin's wife, the Duke of Windsor, Yungun aka Essa, Geraldine Chaplin (Charles Chaplin's daughter), Lorenzo Quinn (Anthonny Quinn's son), John Galiano, Helena Christiansen, Vincent Perez (French actor), Ian Brown, David James, Gary Lineker, ...and PAUL MCCARTNEY (he studied Spanish at school).
K> T.   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 pm GMT
"Obama has said that, although he knew some Indonesian as a child, he can't speak it at all anymore. And I know he has advocated learning Spanish, but that hardly means he speaks it himself.

Either way, I doubt he or McCain know Spanish well enough to conduct an entire debate in it."

Then we basically agree. I don't think Mr. Obama knows Spanish and there will be no debates in this language.

His supporters will probably up the sales in the Spanish instructional materials, though.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:59 pm GMT
A Spanish debate, that'd be sweet!
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 pm GMT
"Jesus Christ speaks a little bit of Spanish. He picked it up while in the Merchant Marines."

You're wrong. Everybody knows that Jesucristo was a porteño and spoke fluent Rioplatense Spanish. God would not make his Son anything other than an Argentinean.