Do you prefer simplfied or traditional Chinese characters?

Felix   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 am GMT
About traditional and simplied chinese? Let's talk about simplified English, shall we?

Do u like sth similar to this - earth sci and ard the wrld?

Simplified Chinese is like abbreviations (abbrv.) in English (Eng). People (ppl) do understand the above sentence, don't we?

It is a matter of taste. Some people (ppl) find it easier and faster to write in simplified way but to me, what "traditional" means is heritage, culture, history and art. Depending on which type of people you are.

It is also a controversy to myself. I love history and beauty of art (traditional), but I also embrace technology advancements and changes (simplified, modern) in modern lifestyles.

And your say?
Anna Pernilla   Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:03 am GMT
"Felix Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 am GMT
About traditional and simplied chinese? Let's talk about simplified English, shall we? "

i think your comparison is totally wrong.

Why not comparing between Latin and Modern Languages?

Traditional Chinese shall be symbolised as Chinese "Latin" which used to be written for their "Ancient Chinese Prose" (Chinese Latin Poetry) and now it transforms to Modern Script "Simplified Chinese.

I have a question: Why not ppl criticizing Japanese govt who has planned to simplify their Kanji for "destroying their Japanese culture", why criticizing China's "SC"? Ridiculous for those criticists who critizes SC
J.C.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:00 pm GMT
Well, I guess that people forgot the topic of this thread. It is just impossible to come up with a perfect answer since both TC and SC are used and convey ideas without any problems (At least I can read both) so why bother? Since I intend to work with translation in the future I guess that SC is more useful because I won't deal with Taiwan or Hong Kong. Regardless of tradition or beauty there are way more people that use SC in contrast to TC. That is the reason why I had to stop to study Taiwanese characters to study 大陆 characters...sad but true
wei   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 pm GMT
the simplfied one are more and more pop,the people use traditional one just a few.which one get the future?
ps:[url=http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/01/6/koreaShame0601.html]the korean eat dog more than millions one year º«¹úÈËÿÄê³Ô¹·³¬°ÙÍò ín‡øÈËÿÄê³ÔØx³¬°ÙÈf[/url]animalpeoplenews.org
[we ][url=http://www.anti-cnn.com/]http://www.anti-cnn.com/We Just Want the Truth! CNN:The world's leader of liars Î÷·½Ã½ÌåÎÛÃïÖйú±¨µÀÈ«¼Í¼Anti-CNN.com,Anti-BBC.com,Anti-VOA.com[/url]
zhao long not zhao dragon   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:19 pm GMT
wow!!!!!it seems that chinese are live in primitive community, why not go to for fun????!!
ai……i cant help, they are too much misunderstanded to PRC
shellyuan   Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:56 am GMT
I prefer simplfied Chinese , because I can't read traditional chinese, they are too complicated.You know chinese is difficult to write, a word is composed of many simple Bihua ,if too complicated ,then it's hard to wite fast and beautiful.Like才 is simplfied, 纔 is traditional ,they mean the same .I found this on
http://forum.hellomandarin.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 .
maybe you can go and check the difference yourself.
Guest   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 am GMT
Freedom for Tibet! Stop the oppression of innocent Monks! Freedom to Taiwan! Learn to make milk properly! LOL!
Sergej from Vladinostok,R   Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:33 am GMT
"Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 am GMT
Freedom for Tibet! Stop the oppression of innocent Monks! Freedom to Taiwan! Learn to make milk properly! LOL! "

Oh,yes. We will support China to implement freedom for Tibetans after China invades Australia and sends them there to make an "Autonomous Region of Tibet of Australia".

Same with Taiwan. Send them to Australia!

This is what our greatest Josef Stalin has done to Crimean aboriginals and we will suggest our partner "China" to do the same thing with Tibet and even Taiwan.
Guest   Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:42 am GMT
"Sergej from Vladinostok,R Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:33 am GMT
Oh,yes. We will support China to implement freedom for Tibetans after China invades Australia and sends them there to make an "Autonomous Region of Tibet of Australia".

Great!

I will welcome Dalai Lama to be the king of Melbourne and the Budda Palace will build there. It will be convenient for australians to pray for Buddha instead of going to church!