Do you prefer simplfied or traditional Chinese characters?

Guest   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:53 am GMT
Chinese eat people I think. I heard from CNN that they murder their baby if it's a girl and eat it because women are undervalued in China.
Guest   Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:19 am GMT
“Chinese eat people I think. I heard from CNN that they murder their baby if it's a girl and eat it because women are undervalued in China.”

You must've watched too many man-eater movies, so that you can't even distinguish between Amazon and China. Just go to see a doctor, and come to China and have a try to see, whether you really could be eaten by Chinese people. HAHAHA...CNN, is every inch one of Anti-China websites.
Guest   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:09 am GMT
I heard that when people in China have a baby, the first thing they do is decide what sport they will play (before even naming it) and begin training the baby from the first day and administering doping from the first day. That is why China was able to gain so many medals and perform well at the Olympics. It's because the Chinese athletes are literally athletes from the very beginning. It's quite inhumane if you ask me.
Guest   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 am GMT
<I heard that when people in China have a baby, the first thing they do is decide what sport they will play (before even naming it) and begin training the baby from the first day and administering doping from the first day. That is why China was able to gain so many medals and perform well at the Olympics. It's because the Chinese athletes are literally athletes from the very beginning. It's quite inhumane if you ask me.>

Not exactly, it depends on the baby's parents, so does the other countries.
Guest   Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 am GMT
Yes, but China starts earlier. In other countries they might start at 5 years old. In China as soon as they pull the baby from the mother's womb they inject it with amphetamines and steroids before even cutting the umbilical cord and wiping off the fluids.
legware   Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 am GMT
Yes, but China starts earlier. In other countries they might start at 5 years old. In China as soon as they pull the baby from the mother's womb they inject it with amphetamines and steroids before even cutting the umbilical cord and wiping off the fluids.

bullshit
Breiniak   Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 am GMT
That simplified Chinese was invented to get rid of the problem of analfabetism. I personnally think it's typically communist, just like that Esperanto language (many Esperanists are commies; no surprise).

Why do people think that 'simplifying' (i.e. taking out the soul out of) stuff makes everything easier? It makes them boring and you still have to learn traditional Chinese to read old literature anyway.
Guest   Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 am GMT
<<bullshit>>

It's not bullshit. I saw it with my own eyes on Fox News.
lag   Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:48 am GMT
Fox News=bullshit
Xie   Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:27 pm GMT
美國的on9仔自瀆完了沒有?
Crash   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:31 am GMT
"Breiniak Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 am GMT
That simplified Chinese was invented to get rid of the problem of analfabetism. I personnally think it's typically communist, just like that Esperanto language (many Esperanists are commies; no surprise).

Why do people think that 'simplifying' (i.e. taking out the soul out of) stuff makes everything easier? It makes them boring and you still have to learn traditional Chinese to read old literature anyway. "

The currently used Simplified Chinese Characters was approved by KMT(Kuomintang), not communists.

The second-run simplified Chinese characters which is typically communist has already been rejected in 1987. So, now China use KMT-approved simplified Chinese characters.

Second-round simplified Chinese character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-round_simplified_Chinese_character
Breiniak   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:59 pm GMT
Thanks for clearing that to me. Very still, it's hard to imagine that simplifying a script solves illiteracy problems. Simplified Chinese isn't simple, but traditional Chinese neither is too hard only geniuses can understand it.

Without wanting to mingle in Chinese culture I'm not part of, ideas like these make me cringe. It's also the case with "Bokmal Norsk" for instance or for "Esperanto" or whatever language. It's the case with useless spelling reforms in Dutch and German that don't pay attention to where the old orthography comes from etymologically or grammatically.

Very still, I shouldn't be that outraged by it. One should rather strife toward absolute freedom in what to use. Language lives, you cannot tie it to a strict set of rules.
I guess school only learns us that much of the basics and all the rest is up to ourselves.
J.C.   Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:13 pm GMT
"Going the other way can you read this? 子子子子橋"
K.Tさん:I really have no idea how to read this but would risk 「よこばし」or 「よしばし」...

ありがとう!!!
K. T.   Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:25 pm GMT
J. C. さん, I think this is a tough one even for natives of Japanese. I'll offer it as a challenge post first to see how good Antimooners are at Japanese.
Kess   Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 am GMT
read my lips: 臺灣